What's new

ICBM Hooked up! (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
If any of you like hirez I can honestly say you need one of these.

Now these are not the best examples but they are what I had.

With Linkin Park's DVD-A I could get to about 75db and still hear the lyrics pretty decently but they still were a bit muddy and understand...of course some of you may say at that at any volume level :)

Now I can get to 102db and its clear as a bell. This thing ROCKS. The bass track is suddenly there in the right places, its alot more crisp but as I have learned not crisp enough but at least I know this is the subs and not the parts.

If any of you have heard Metallica's Black album on DVD-A the bass track and all that is very very well done. Even at high volumes you can clearly make out the voices and the mix is excellent. I guess you could say this was my reference piece. The ICBM made every CD sound like this and in the case of Metallica it bumped up the bass to the right spot.

I haven't gone through everything but it is a fantastic unit and well worth every single penny I paid. The cables Outlaw sells were also top notch. I'm going to order a matching set to replace the cheapo's.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Yep, the ICBM is a great piece of equipment. I used one for a few years but recently updated to a Denon AV3806 and DVD3910 so I was able to sell it to another Hi-Rez fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks