What's new

I wish you guys would have told me before I bought this! (1 Viewer)

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
Sup peeps.... about a month ago... i came on here asking advice about an RCA and i didn't really get any reply so i bought it..... so now im reading alot of peeps saying to stay away from rca and how there tv's r no good... so i got one that i can't return... i just hope i have no problems with this tv as its my first hdtv and I'd hate for it to not be a good start in getting into hdtv.....

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Sorry Josh sometimes people just dont bother to say the same things they ahve said before on certain topics, for example i ahvent stepped on my 4:3 soapbox in ages..... but im sure ina few weeks someone will ask a question and i'll feel the need to climb back on.

on the up side you do ahve a warranty witht eh tv right? if you have any major or recurring problems you can always try to get the store to switch make and model for you probably a little extra cost for you, but these things are possible.

good luck.

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i got a warranty with my tv......... i just hope rca cleaned there act up with these models...

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Peeps will be peeps:rolleyes:Seriously, though - use the search function and you will find craploads of info on anything you want, really. Most people here, like mentioned above, have offered the same opinion literally dozens of times and sometimes don't always take the time to post it again. Just human nature...

Also, please realize that just because a few people say RCA is not good doesn't mean they aren't. They have a high breakdown % according to Consumer Reports, but HTF folks don't trust them anyway! If you are happy and take care of it, you're good to go. Just be sure to turn down the contrast, etc - all the stuff you've probably read a million times. If not, please search now on AVIA/Video Essentials/SPL Meters. My best friend has an RCA 52" TV and has had no problems in almost 2 years.

Good luck!

Matt

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
what rca model do you have? the 36" i have that one and its worked flawlessly for ver a year (speaker did blow but thats very minor and I think my son did it)
I like rCa its good for the person who cant afford the best.....

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Again..so sorry that no one "advised" u on HT stuff....must have been one those threads that got buried. Sometimes, members do get the same threads over here and I guess like I do sometimes, think.."oh I don't have to answer that...someone else with better knowledge would respond."

JackS

Supporting Actor
I don't know about their HD's, but I've got a 31" RCA that is almost 5 years old and the picture is still wonderful. This TV litterally stays on 24 hours a day and is only shut off for a few hours on the weekends. Maybe I've been lucky so I can't speak for everyone, but it seems if you get a good one, it could last for many years.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
My 3-yr old 27" Zenith has ghosting and ever-so slight wavery-ness (noticeable especially when reading text) that is very irritating if I think about it. I wouldn't buy another Zenith. I haven't heard good things about RCA myself. But I would buy an RCA before I bought a Zenith again. But that doesn't mean you don't have a good RCA TV, or that all Zeniths are junk. Just what I have experienced. There are those will not buy Sony or Panasonic or one of the other better brands after a bad experience as well. :)

Oh, and I don't trust Consumer reports either. I acknowledge some imports are good, but it seems like CR hates American vehicles. My friend has a '91 Chevy Corsica with 220k on it. All they every replaced was a few sensors and a set of wheel bearings/balljoints (they bought it as a program car with 30k or so on it). By '94 Beretta Z26 had 169k on it when I traded it in. In the 80k I put on it, I put in a radiator and an alternator (alternator under warranty). $600 in repairs for 80,000 miles (and late in the car's lifespan) sounds like a good car to me. Both are not listed as reliable vehicles in Consumer Reports.

Anyway, what I was trying to say is, listen to people's (and Consumer's reports) opinions, but don't stress over them! :)

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
i have the 52" rca with the onboard dvd player..... so fare the tv has been great..... the picture is very nice..... i just hope it stays that way and dont burnout on me. an other thing i was reading is that most of the hdtv seem to have alot of tweaking options...i have always been the kind of person that loves tweaking with the options/setting to stuff and this tv dont seem to have that much tweaking options past the basic color,contrast,sharpness ect. the strech is good to and the picture never gets blocky for nothing EXCEPT the dam reds in movies..... any reds in a movie looks blocky and its only in movies so it must be the dvd player.... i have read that the blocky reds are normal in alot of dvd players.... thanks for the replys

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks