What's new

I was shushed at the movies! (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
"Oh! Oh! This is the part where he dies!"

Yeah, nothing worse than a blabbermouth in a row next to you, but lately nothing ruins a movie more than 20+ Text Message devices. My wife and I went to see "Finding Neverland" and all through the movie Text Messaging lit up the theater brighter than the screen itself. Totally ruined the movie for us.

- Colton

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I actually sat in front of a man during "Master and Commander" who continually talked during the movie. He was one of those people who had a booming voice that carried through the theater and he didn't even try to hide the movie. I "shushed" him a couple times and even asked his companion to ask him to stop talking since he didn't listen to me. Her response was, "Good luck." So I just turned around and stared at him for about a minute. He didn't speak again, it was great.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Phone calls during movies: I sat beside a jackass who got out his phone and made a call during the opening of Apocalypse Now Redux. I threw popcorn at him the whole time but he didn't get the hint. At the end of his call (when Willard breaks the mirror!) he turned to the woman with him and said "I think that guy's throwing popcorn at me" all confused.

I was so angry that I had a really hard time enjoying the movie after that.

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,
often these people don't realize that everyone can hear them. I wouldnt chuck my popcorn at them, as you could come of looking like an asshole. Best thing to do, is tap him on the shoulder and politly tell him to STFU. So he is aware that he's pissing people off. And if that doesnt work, tip your drink on his head, as popcorn is to subtle for many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks