What's new

I want MacGyver. (1 Viewer)

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
With the news that universal are releasing a bunch of tv shows on dvd i hope that paramount jumps on the bandwagon and decides to release my favourite show MacGyver on dvd especially now that i've heard that a movie is being considered-how about it paramount?

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
What have you heard about a movie? I think there were a couple made-for-TV movies a while back. As I recall they were okay.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my most wanted series on DVD.
How else would we know that you can stop a leaky nuclear plant with chocolate bars if we didn't have Mac? :D
As for the movie I hope Anderson plays the part and they don't do the 'younger' Mac thing like Young Indiana Jones.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Sorry but I have to add my MacGyver experience.
I was on the bus and there was this guy with a cheap looking leather/vinyl grey bomber jacket and on the back in black magic marker he had written in big letters "MacGyver". It wasn't even in some cool font, it was just hand written letters. It was the funniest/oddest thing I've ever seen.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Funny thing, I just came back from a run up the street. Before I hopped in the car, this was the last thread I read on HTF.
As I turned on the afternoon pair of DJ's on the local rock station, they were going over entertainment news. They mentioned this article at the Hollywood Reporter (there's more to it than what I quote):
"MacGyver," the late-1980s television series that featured an always-unsinkable secret agent played by Richard Dean Anderson, has completed a plot for the big screen. On Friday, the creator of the Paramount Television series, Lee Zlotoff, closed a seven-figure deal with New Line Cinema to write, direct and produce a feature film based on "MacGyver," the ABC series that aired from 1985-92. New Line was able to go ahead with the deal Friday after Paramount Pictures, which had the right of last refusal for the rights to the series, passed on the project.

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love the series on DVD. I still have a few episodes on video. I remember vividly that he was trapped in a sauna - not clear on how he got out (may be useful information for us in case we're in a similar predicament)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Paramout NEEDS to gets all 7 seasons on DVD and both the Made for TV movies. I'm in the process of getting them recorded off tv, and bought the movies from ebay recently.

If a MacGyver movie is made, it would be nice to see Richard Dean Anderson in the roll again, but if he is in just a small roll, maybe they could make him look old and he could play Harry(Mac's grandfather).

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Damn that was weird. I just heard about the news of the movie earlier today and started a thread on the topic over at www.dvdtalk.com. I just ended up checking over here to see if there was anything on the topic :)
Put me down as another consumer who would buy all 7 seasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks