What's new

I want a TOP GUN SE! (1 Viewer)

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator
Matt, love your SE layout, except

I'd much rather have Anthony Edwards instead of Val Kilmer. I wouldn't want both because of the "to many cooks" phenomenon.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
People correct me if I'm wrong, but a while back, didn't someone from Paramount or something, he said that a rumored date wasn't true, but he didn't exactly deny one being in the works though. Seems like I remember something like that.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
In another thread I think rather then this one, but I coudl be wrong, Martin Blythe (who works for Paramount) said somethign to the effect of "That date is not true." One of the members immediately pointed out that denying the date doens't deny existence of the disk, and Martin just pointed out that the member was good with details. No flat out-confirmation, but that's obvious, and in this case a denial would be a lot easier then a very clear dodge.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
perhaps it is coming out sooner than we think, we all know how a certain David Lambert knows how to drop certain hints under the radar.
:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Check that, Oscar. As I just said in the other thread, I know nothing.

It was merely speculation. Sorry to let you down, buddy.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
An anamorphic version of Top Gun is long overdue. I've wondered for some time why Paramount let's this title just lie around in obscurity (non-anamorphic means obscure to me).

Deane

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Sign me up for a Top Gun SE. This movie seems to be one of those great mysteries of the DVD world. This movie being re-released would be a cash cow but they just continue to sit on their hands. :angry:
Dan.B

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I got into DVD a little after I started reading this forum. I took heed of members statements not to buy Top Gun, and would love to pick up a properly done SE. Paramount could have milked it for more. An anamorphic release at about 2000, and probably a remaster version in 2002, then hit us up for the SE next year :)

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Guys,
If any of you have DirecTV and HDnet movies (part of a ($10.99 channel package) you can look forward to seeing Top Gun in HD. Mark Cuban just bought the rights to the film from Paramount. No firm air date was posted over at AVSforum. I do not know if the sound will be "remixed" for it's airdate.
BTW, other Paramount movies such as Beverly Hills Cop are also included as part of this deal.
Anamorphic transfer?, bah who needs it! :D
Michael.

DanR

Supporting Actor
You can cast your vote by going out and buying the re-releases of the first three Jack Ryan movies. If the re-releaseds sell well enough, you can be sure Top Gun would be at the top of the short-list of "redo's" by Paramount.

Regards,
Dan

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Got the re-release of HFRO already. Will be getting the other 2 in the not too distant future.

I'm really looking forward to this Top Gun:SE anamorphic re-release!!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Now this is only my opinion but i think it's a pretty safe bet we will see a new top gun dvd sometime in 2004.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I also wanted to add "Born on the Fourth of July" to this thread. The last re-release with the Oliver Stone commentary should have been re-mastered anamorphically.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
A "Days of Thunder" re-release would also be nice. I'm amazed at how many great movies Paramount released non-anamorphicly in the early days of DVD. I was happy once the Jack Ryan movies were re-released, especially since they were (and still are) available at prices that make double-dipping an easier bullet to bite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks