What's new

I want a really really strong sub. Sunfire or is SVS the way to go? (1 Viewer)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
The only requirement Ron says when you sign for your new SVS is the new delivery drivers instantly tatoo SVS real big on your chest.

Ron Daily

Grip
hehehehe....you guys are killing me with the cult thing. By the way i can't wait to join the cult myself. Do we get to pick what flavor coolade we drink? I'll take cherry... ;)

David WD

Auditioning
i have shaved my head and i am now drinking cherry lemonade. for celebration in joining this cult, my wife and i just watched PHONEBOOTH. excellent opening scene with bass heavy soundtrack - in fact, my wife has now shaved her head as well!:) the bass the pb2-plus delivers is astounding! all worth every hard earned dime spent - and this decision was made upon reading all good reviews about the svs products - beating all other subs hands down. excellent purchase - really enhances all movies.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Were in the middle of watching two towers for the second time and wondering if our walls will stand it.. haha... PB2+ great sub.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Alex, David...

What's with people in Alaska coming to Hawaii?

I live on the Big Island, and notice a lot of people from AK come down here.

Honestly, we don't really like it here too much. Too slow of a lifestyle. The "aloha time" thing gets really annoying after a while. Plus the discrimination against us Haole's is getting old.

I have a line on a job up in Anchorage. Won't find out for a while if I get it. Anything I should know about it up there? Never been there.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Casey.. Cherry is fine with me..

Jason... you better button down the hatches buddy.. looks like the winds are definantly coming your way. I go to Hawaii several times a year but ya know (even was stationed there in service back in 70's) but have been to every island except the big one. I will have to check that out sometime. Someone told me the Hilton Wikaloa there was pretty good is that true? Be safe...

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Mike,

Yeah, I cancelled my last flight around the island today. Stuff was already moving in. I don't think it's gonna be too bad though. It's a little windy and rainy right now here at the house, but that's normal for my neck of the woods.

The Big Island is quite a bit different that the other islands. It takes a while to drive anywhere.

Yes the Hilton Waikoloa is nice, but it is HUGE. Last week I had a passenger tell me it took them 45 minutes to get from their room to their car!

Lot's of nice places here to stay....just depends on your budget. PM me if you want sometime and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I still cannot figure out (after spending a great deal of time in Hawaii) why any sane person would want to move to Alaska. I'm in Oregon and miss the warmth, ocean breeze and just hate this friggin rain and cold wind!!!!!! I promise myself that as soon as my family is gone. Only a couple more years that we are out of here for warmer weather.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
Well I'm only looking at going up there for a job. I'm a tour pilot here, flying small Cessnas. If I go up there it will be to fly a King Air and some older Lear's. (Need the multi-engine time on the resume)

Just checked the winds.....they are up to almost 40 mph now. Guess Jimena's moving through...

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Alex, David...

What's with people in Alaska coming to Hawaii?

I live on the Big Island, and notice a lot of people from AK come down here.

Honestly, we don't really like it here too much. Too slow of a lifestyle. The "aloha time" thing gets really annoying after a while. Plus the discrimination against us Haole's is getting old.

I have a line on a job up in Anchorage. Won't find out for a while if I get it. Anything I should know about it up there? Never been there.
Jason,

My mom actually moved back to the Big Island a couple of years ago. She really missed the "aloha time". She's up around Kalopa Park and practices accupuncture in (I think) Waimea.

Us Alaskans like to go to Hawai'i in the winter to warm up for a couple of weeks and break up the winter, it helps a lot. I know some Alaskans go to Hawai'i in the summer but I have to tell you those ones are idiots. Summers up here are awesome! During the height of the summer it never gets dark, just a little twilight, so you can be out and active all the time.

Winters can be a bit rough but its really what you make of it. Anchorage never gets too bad like the interior can. We might get a week or two of -20 F weather but for the most part it'll stay between 0 to +25 F. Heck, two years ago it never got below 0. The last couple of winters have actually been fairly warm. The interior can sometimes get down to -60 to -40 F. Really f**king cold! Tires lose air pressure and feeze in block shapes...shudder.

In Anchorage you'll find a lot of people take up snow machining, skiing (downhill, cross country, and back country), skijoring (having your dogs pull you on skis), and snowshoeing to keep outside and active. If you've ever considered home brewing beer this is a great place to learn. There are a lot of excellent brewers and a very active club, really fun people. Lots of time for HT in the winter too.

The pace of life is definitely faster than on the islands, not fast like New York but a happy medium.

Can't say I miss the discrimination myself, it was a rough place to be in elementary school. Going back to Hawai'i on vacations feels much different, I never really pick up on the discrimination this way. I do sometimes feel resentment from locals (even local haoles) that we can afford to take a vacation when many people there have been having a rough time with their current economy and feel trapped in servitude to tourists.

If you make it up here, whether its to check the place out or move, and want to get together let me know and I'll PM you our contact information.

Now where did I put my Koolaid...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks