I wanna watch tv while listening to the radio / cd player.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Homboy1000, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Homboy1000

Homboy1000 Auditioning

Hello y'all! My first post and surely not the last! I have a Denon 3808ci and am scratching my head trying to figure out how I can still watch tv, which is hooked up to the Denon for surround sound via hdmi cable. Is it possible to still get video and then be able to get audio from another source simultaneously! I like to watch sports but still be able to have some tunes or listen to the local announcers for the football games. I think I might be able to do it through the zones 2 or 3 but have been unsuccessful. Not even sure if this is possible, but keep thinking there must be a way. Any help out there? Thanks!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I'm assuming you have cable or satellite for your source and there is some type of decoding box used since you mentioned HDMI. What other video outputs are available on your cable box/sat receiver. Connect those outputs directly to the TV. Tune your Denon to whatever radio station you want to listen to.

3. Homboy1000

Homboy1000 Auditioning

Exactly! I knew it could be done, but was trying to make it too complicated. Had to step out of the tangled mess of wires back here to realize the simplicity of it! Thanks for the quick response Robert!

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne