What's new

I turned on the AC tonight... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, I could not take the heat anymore and actually turned on the AC tonight, and it's still frikkin' April! I don't even want to know what my electricity bill is going to look like in the coming months...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
We've been running it the last 3 days. It's almost 30 degrees above normal. thankfully the heat has broken

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I had mine on 2 days ago when it was about 80 degrees with unbearable humidity. Right now it is about 15 degrees out. One extreme to the next I guess.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
AC has been running for a month now, both at home and at work. Spring lasted exactly 17 hours by my calculations.

As I get older, I find I am less able to tolerate this kind of heat and still function. When I was a kid, we didn't even have AC at home, and no one I knew had a car with AC.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'm with Joseph there. It's much more of a story when I turn off the A/C. While, the heat was a little delayed this year, the humidity has remained high and even in the mid 70s, you need A/C here to take out the humidity.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Ummm... what's an AC? Seriously, we've never had one. In the summertime we sleep with a window open and then either close it in the middle of the night or put on a heavier blanket. We always need to put on a light jacket to go out in the morning.

Today, it's been struggling to get above 32 degrees. We're looking forward to a heavy wet spring snowstorm this evening.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
You GA guys must like to sweat a lot. :) I live 1000 miles north of you and mine's been on for a month now. I start it in March and turn it off in November.
Deane

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I wish you guys could send some of that heat our way here in California. We are going through a cold "spring." I turned on the heater last night. And I fear we're going to have another summerless year in SoCal. I hate that. I like the weather hot and desert-dry.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The NYC report: Turned on the a/c last Monday as the high temp. set an April record. Ran it through Fri. evening. Last night (Sat.), the heat came on automatically -- it's building-wide and triggered by an outside temperature sensor. Today it's still on.

M.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
"AC"? I don't think I have that at home, but there's an "AC" button on my car's dashboard. I'll have to push it one of these days, and find out what it does. :D

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
That's funny Patrick! My wife and I live a couple of miles from you and we both decided last night that we couldn't take it any more (even w/ the windows open) so we turned on the AC for the first time.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I was out on my porch last night until about 3 AM looking at Saturn, Jupiter, and the Moon through my telescope. I'd start sweating if I didn't come inside to the cool A/C every 15 minutes.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
So you grew up in Hell?
No, but it felt like it sometimes. Back then having AC was so rare that we just didn't know any better.
My first exposure to AC was when my mom took me to the movies at the Miller Theater or the Imperial. Those were REAL movie theaters, complete with balconies, marble or terrazo floors in the LOOOONG entranceways, little fountains, and $1 tickets :) Ooooh, after being inside in the cool and dark, coming back outside after an August Saturday matinee would give you a major headache.

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Aaargh... It's 34 degrees right now. AC? What AC?
And the effing maintenance has turned off the heaters in our dorm too. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks