What's new

I too came for one thread, but found an excellent forum (1 Viewer)

Flatnate

Auditioning
Real Name
Nate S
Hey everyone! I came to the site following a link to the Robert Harris Lawrence of Arabia thread and found myself absolutely captivated by his breakdown of the restoration efforts efforts on the film. It didn't take much more digging around to realize we have some amazing insiders and a wealth of knowledge on the site and that I should set up a profile
Anyway, I'm just your regular Joe six pack but its my hope that I can still contribute something positive here and not just lurk. Some of my interests lie in older large screen formats and the history surrounding formats like Todd-AO, Cinerama, and Super Panavision 70. Also very interested in where the large format cinema technology with stuff like laser projection and 4k and beyond is headed
I'm also kinda a DIY home theater nut. My personal objective has always been to find equipment with picture and sound that most closely represents the directors vision for your dollar. So I've spent a good bit of time trying to find gear that reaches something that can be considered reference level without breaking the bank. Always happy to throw my .02 cents in to help someone with an equipment question.
Oh and Robber Harris if your reading this one, thanks for your amazing contributions. Great insight and a great read over there. :cool:

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome, Nate! (OK, all the ambassadors are here...time for the owners to show up!)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/322333/i-too-came-for-one-thread-but-found-an-excellent-forum#post_3950077
Welcome, Nate! (OK, all the ambassadors are here...time for the owners to show up!)

Well, maybe...but first a moderator!

Welcome, Nate! http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/879289/width/55/height/36

Most of us at the HTF share your determination to get the best Home Theater experience possible. But everyone's got different ideas about how to go about that (which makes the discussions here mighty interesting!) and there's that bugaboo about how to try and realize that "best experience possible" on our personal budgets. And that becomes a common thread woven throughout the different discussions here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks