What's new

I thought that soundtrack sounded familiar (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
Hows this for wierd -
I was testing the VPOS on RPTV (trying to get it centered and I was playing Cast Away to center a 1.85:1 image and then I put in The Long Kiss Goodnight to center a 2.35:1 image. I heard what sounded like the same music. I never noticed this before.
A quick trip to IMDB shows that Alan Silvestri did the score for both.
I guess James Horner is not the only one to recycle themes (much as I found to my disgust while watching the trailer for Time Machine).
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I just watched Interview with the Vampire, and I was amazed at how similar Hannibal was to the movie in its music.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I just watched Open Your Eyes. Am I dreaming or is the score from Alien used during several scenes?
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

YANG

Screenwriter
It is very common that composers uses what they had done before on new works,not exactly the same(there will be some twisted part with the use of different music instruments) as what you may hear.
Although HANS ZIMMER is no different as the others,at least he's better than HORNER.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Hannibal was done by Hans Zimmer, while Interview with the Vampire was done by Elliott Goldenthal.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Paul W

Second Unit
So worse: Hans Zimmer is recycling other people's stuff!
tongue.gif

------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks