What's new

I Spy: The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)? (1 Viewer)

classictvfan91

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Hayden
Here are my reasons for this idea:
1) The original I Spy box sets are out of print,
2) Some of the prints are in rough shape, as some say, and so the show needs remastering,
3) There is a collection of archival footage that should be released with the show, and some new special features too.
Also, I Spy is an important part of TV history, and it should be released in a definitive box set.
Also, Shout! Factory does listen to fans.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Hollywoodaholic said:
Significantly, "I Spy" also holds up much better today for viewing than shows like "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." because it was character-based and not gadget-based (dated technology). And it was one of the few shows besides "Route 66" in the Sixties to actually shoot on location, making for a great travelogue/time capsue, as well.
I agree-also, it wasn't silly in it's third season like The Man From U.N.C.L.E was, and managed not to have silly elements in it (something that plagued the James Bond movies in the 70's as well.)
If it was possible, I'd like I Spy to be in Blu-Ray discs that were made from fully-restored prints-but unless the son of Sheldon Leonard were to actually care about his dad's legacy and want to really put his dad's shows (I Spy, Accidental Family, My Friend Tony on DVD, and the market gets receptive enough for a show as old as this to be put on DVD and sell as much as the Star Trek Blu-Ray box sets, nothing's going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks