What's new

I, Robot a must rent at least (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
We also get 2-disc treatment here. But I will not buy until it is on sale. Nice to look at, but can wait or miss.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I saw the movie today and thought it was very entertaining. Well worth the purchase. The transfer is stellar and the DTS track is reference.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved this film. I saw it opening weekend and thought it was great fun! As soon as my X-1 returns from the shop, i'm picking it up.

It's funny, the film reminded me alot of the first part of The Second Renaissance from The Animatrix. In fact, one could connect I, Robot to The Matrix if they wanted to, it fits.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

When I first saw the previews for "I, Robot" I thought "Hmmmm, Caves of Steel using the more well known title". The idea of Will Smith as a Lije Bailey based charachter did not bother me since, I am sure, casting was done with marketing in mind and I do like him. But, when the Three Laws, the very core of Asimov's Robot universe, are stood on their head, I opted out and will opt out of this release.

Since "I, Robot" was a collection of short stories linked by Susan Calvin's recollections, I would think it would be good fodder for a TV mini-series.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I thought it was an entertaining movie. :emoji_thumbsup: Saw it in the theater. I'll pick it up if I can find it used.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think this movie is what Minority Report would have been in the hands of a lesser director... makes you appreciate Spielberg :P

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Saw this tonight for the first time. The audio/video were tremendous but the film itself average. Thank God for Netflix.

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Cmon now...you cant leave us hanging like that :D

Blind bought the movie since I was a huge Dark City fan...and it was pretty good. I enjoyed it, and glad I own it. Recommended for some action fun & gun.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor
First they desecrate startship troopers... then I, robot... I'm scared to see which classic they debase next. I haven't seen I, robot yet, but they can't possibly piss on Asimov's legacy more then they did Heinlein's.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Interesting to note that those who are familiar with Isaac Asimov are down on this movie, while those who are not SF readers seem to like the thing.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
er Jack I'm a long time SF reader and managed to enjoy I,Robot too, something some of the old fogeys on this thread are incapable of doing.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I originally saw it yesterday at low volumes and today I'm working from home and watched it again at reference levels...Only one word can describe it...WOW !!!

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator

Ummm... Not quite. I'm an avid SF reader, and I liked this movie a lot. The only ones who seem to voice any major complaints are Asimov "purists", as far as I can tell...

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Are you joking? Many people have voiced complaints. Many critics have voiced complaints. I have voiced complaints. I am hardly an Asimov purist, nor have I read the I, Robot story. I still think it's bad. Bad in the way that most movies today are bad - mindless, empty, and not interesting - the usual Screenwriting 101 Robert McKee and Syd Field mish-mash. And the "old fogey" remark is typical of youngsters who just don't understand that some people prefer competently written, acted, and directed films, to loud, noisy, empty and frankly idiotic formula junk. If you liked it - grand. I guess that makes you a young fogey, and I'll just have to happily live with my senior fogey status. ;)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Some folks are trying to compare it in their mind to what it should have been instead of what it is. Regardless I enjoyed the movie alot for what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks