What's new

I put my 65" HDTV pu for sale in base paper. (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Here's the ad.
65" HDTV! For Sale! $1800 ! obo. 1 yr old 5 year warantee. ISF calibrated. Perfect for Home Theater. Call 278- - - - lamarcusjames.tripod.com
Do you think it will sale fast? I bet they won't even know what ISF means, or what it cost.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Don't be surprised if half the people don't even know what an HDTV is. Maybe it'd be better to say "widescreen TV" or something like that?

However, for those that DO know, I think they'll like the price very much :emoji_thumbsup: Good luck! :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
For most people HDTV is one of those buzz words that are always floating around places like Circuit City and Best Buy. They may not know exactly what it is, but they know it's "cool". Anyone who can shell out $1800 for a TV will want it to be "cool".

Setting it up correctly is of course, a whole other story.

--
Holadem

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
LaMarcus I've always wanted to mention this to ya but now's a good enough time as any.. We can't see the picture in your sig, Tripod doesn't allow direct linking to files other than HTML.

Back on topic.. yes I would expect to see a manufacturer and model # listed.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Where have you been man? I normally see you posting a lot in the interior area. Are you selling it so you can get a projector?

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And unless whoever buys it is going to move into your house, the ISF calibration isn't going to be much good once the TV gets moved. :frowning:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Keith
I would have put the make and model in the ad, but you only get so many words.

Scott
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. On some pc's it comes up, other's it doesnt. But on all pc's if you right click it, go to properties, copy and paste the address in a window it will show. I'm going to have to take that pic to a different server so everyone can see it.

John
The name of this thread has a typo, but once you submit the thread it's over, I think only a admin can fix it.

Micheal
Yeah, I'm trying to get on the FP side of the house. The 300 is my choice right now, I'm worried about the new projectors coming out in Sept. If they blow the current models away for not much more money I'm going to be very sad.

David
Yeah, I haven't been posting much in the interiors sections much of late. I bought xbox live recently, and haven't had much interest to post. I think I'm in a HTF slump, I used to post something every day.

Mark I hear ya, but hopefully the convergence won't shift too much during the move. But the greyscale and colors will still be in tact.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
LaMarcus,

Once you get a FP.....it's back to your place for the Greater Cincinnati Local HTF Meet V.4!!!!!

And I'll even stay awake!!! :b

GaryP

Second Unit
Sold my TV earlier this year, so I've got a little experience in this area. I figured I'd put as much info as possible in the first ad I ran which ended up not being a very bright move.

First Ad: 'Toshiba 50H81 16:9 HD ready 50" Rear Projection TV, 3 year warranty, original manual, remote, receipt, $1400'
This ad yielded 1 call total in the two weeks it ran

Second Ad (only a week or two later): '50" high definition, widescreen TV, $1400"
With this ad I sold it the first day and people called for two straight weeks :)

Sometimes too many details on a newer technology may do more harm than good ;)

On a side note, a few hours after the new owner took delivery, he called to inform me he couldn't get a working picture. I automatically thought that the trip over damaged the set or something. I tried giving him a few troubleshooting tips over the phone. He was connecting via RCA cables and nothing was working. As a last ditch effort I said "you are plugging into the yellow jack, right?"

...Silence...

"Actually it's in the red jack"

He apparently saw nothing wrong with this configuration, but as soon as he matched up his colors, bingo! :D

Gary

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Gary, that's hilarious. You give me high hopes. The next ad I run will be very similar to yours to see the results.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well so far I've received 3 calls, including one visit. The woman that came to see it seems the most interested. But here's the thing. I was explaining to her the difference between signals. And I told her that HD was the best, DVD second, Satellite 3rd, and cable 4th.

She said she didn't have cable :eek: Anyway, she heard my sound system and said it was nice, but she wanted to hear the tv's speaks....OOPS!!!!! I haven't ever really used them always gone through the receiver. So their virtually brand new. I need to run some rca's to my tv so that the speakers can have sound for the next potential buyer.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks