What's new

I propose that HTF member Steeve Bergeron be.... (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
John, that's your best sig yet.
My favourite exchange from the film:
Don: Talk to me Gale. I'm here for you.
Gale: What can I say Don, I've said it all. I'm retired.
Don: Shut up.
:laugh:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Paul,

I rented it a few months ago and got a kick out of it. The DVD is just too expensive for me to justify buying, though. I noticed Blockbuster is having a small sale on their pre-viewed DVDs, so I dropped by to check the selection. I was floored to find I could get it for $8.00 (it normally runs $22.00-$24.00 new) so I grabbed it, with a couple others. I don't think it was rented more than three times. It looks brand spanking new.

I have another scene ready that has a conversation something like the one you mentioned.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, I'm almost embarrassed. I've gone hog wild buying DVDs in the last week. These are the ones I've gotten.
eXistenZ
Bubble Boy ...unfairly maligned
B. Monkey
Exorcist - 25th Anniversary
Dangerous Liaisons
Flatliners ...hey, I like it.
Buffy Season 1 May get season 2 tomorrow
Monster's Ball
Sexy Beast
A.I. ....$11 used.
Legend...Ultimate Edition
Can't Buy Me Love ...didn't realize the damn thing was P&S!
Lucio Fulci Collection #3
The Evil Dead
The Ninth Gate
If I stop and think about it. I'm going to feel guilty. :)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm proud (not sure why though :confused: ) that I'm one of the few members here you didn't need to turn the subtitles on to understand everything said in the film. :D
I've gone hog wild buying DVDs in the last week. These are the ones I've gotten.
That's a wopping great ego you've got there my friend, I'd keep that in check if I were you.
;)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
We talkin' Sexy Beast? :D
No problems with the dialogue from the London Posse, that's for sure!! ;)
My personal favourite as a result of the movie was the North American poster (whose name I cannot remember) saying it was cool but they supposed c**t wasn't that 'bad' a word to use over here!! :D :D :D
EDIT: Ken will not be able to alter his possibly spoiler-filled Apes sig as his account has been disabled.:frowning:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Okie Dokie. I actually keep all of them hosted. My sigs folder is getting pretty big. That way I can just change them on a whim. Parker has even made it easier by putting profile buttons right in the pages.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, now I got it, Paul. I have only seen it once, so I can't recall so many details.
FWIW, I thought I would post this shot I did last night of a rec room/home theater, so we can all be jealous. I put the Total Recall image in for jollies. Oh, ain't it the life, and no, that is NOT my house. :frowning:
Click for a larger version....and it IS copyrighted.....use it and suffer my wrath. :)
Link Removed

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Rookie mistake. He was making a joke, but didn't realize how serious the ban on political discussion is.
A personal aside, by tomorrow afternoon, I will essentially be divorced. I don't know how people do this, not to mention over and over and over. How does anyone ever manage to commit themselves to another relationship after such a miserable and painful failure? I can't imagine ever doing it again. :frowning:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Luis,
Question...how come french fries are not called frites francais(e)but pommes frites.
Just back from a vacation in France, so I guess this one's for me.
It's just like the international code in a telephone number: no use to put it in front if you're inside the country yourself. French fried potatoes are rather typical for France (and Belgium, and ...), hence the name. So there they just have to call them Fried Potatoes. Unlike baked potatoes, which are called pommes sautés.
John,
Sorry to hear about your divorce.
Now about Dangerous Liaisons, which you just acquired... :D, is it notably different from (better than) the previous version (released in 1997)?
Cees

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I've had American fries and American cheese, though.

In England do they call English Leather just Leather?

In Spain, I suppose Spanish fly is called fly.

In Canada, Canadian bacon-no wait, SCTV already covered that...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
John, I hate to hear that you're getting divorced. I've never been through one but it's got to be one of the most painful things to go through. Hang in there, bud. :emoji_thumbsup:
Buffy Season 1 May get season 2 tomorrow
Ah, I see that you are still have your good taste. :D
As far as Steeve's fate, has that been decided? He should be allowed to stick around at least long enough to finish up the female tournament. The man finds the pics - how, I do not know.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Paul,
You really know better than to ask for things like that.
Now about those country names: "Liquorice All-Sorts" are called "English Liquorice" here (the Dutch equivalent of this : Engelse Drop). Happen to be my favourite sweets ever since I was a kid. Lately they have been changed a bit, unfortunately, to contain only p.c. colourants, or something like that.
But proves my point, of course ;).
In England do they call English Leather just Leather?
I think they call it "Italian Leather".
I wonder, though, how suede is called in Sweden.
Cees

Jim_F

Screenwriter
OK, then I guess in Denmark a big cheese Danish is not necessarily just a big cheese, and you can cut it without embarrassment.

-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread