What's new

I never realized Denon was Hitachi. (1 Viewer)

Craig W

Second Unit
As far as I know, Nippon of Japan which makes Denon equipment is a Hitachi subsidiary.

ken thompson

Second Unit
I was checking on some info at the Hitachi website and clicked on the consumer audio section. It said Hitachi consumer audio products are sold under the name Denon and referred me to the Denon website.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Is my japanese rusty or isn't nippon = japan? Just wondering... "Nippon of Japan" would be "Japan of Japan"?
I didn't know this aboot denon.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
A Jaguar is a ford!
A Cadillac Catera is an Opel!
A Mazda Tribute is a Ford Escape!
Audi is also Volkswagen!
Lamborghini is also Volkswagen!
So is bugatti! :)
I could go on and on
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine
[Edited last by NickSo on October 12, 2001 at 05:30 PM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I am really going insane reading this thread!!
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
When my friend was showing off her new Mercedes, I was tempted to say something like: "Hey, that's a pretty nice car-for a Dodge."
...but I chose self-preservation instead.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
The HTF is really owned by a consortium of electronics companies, movie studios, and online retailers. Ron and Packy are the chairmen, and their intent is to get all of you to buy as many DVDs as possible, and to upgrade your HT gear every time one of their companies comes up with a new product.
They control what you buy, and when you should buy it.
Even some of the members of this forum are secretly working for these companies. Haven't you noticed how sales of "Bring It On" have flourished ever since Matthew Chmiel has showed interest in "what's her face"? He actually owns Universal. And remember that spy who once lurked on this forum who tried decrease the sales of "Pleasantville" and increase the sales of "Ronin"? Yes, he worked for MGM. Steve Christou is also the owner of Vivid Entertainment UK, as if that wasn't already obvious. And come on... who wasn't suspicious when Ron recommended those Bose headphones? Yup... you guessed it. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
This thread is hilarious!!!
biggrin.gif
LMAO
------------------
Thanks,
Steven R. Simon
HTF Administrator
Theater Pics Updated 9-11-2001
Send Email:
[email protected]

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Now you understand the term "Japan, Inc."
Yes "Nippon of Japan" would mean "Japan of Japan" so I expect you got that name wrong.
I'm surprised I didn't know about Hitachi and Denon. Sony doesn't "make" Aiwa, but Aiwa is a subsidiary of Sony.
Another one, Nikon is a subsidiary of the enormoconglomerate Mitsubishi. Rumor is, when Mits took over Nikon they only kept them in existence for the optics they would provide for their video, copier and other equipment, since the photography part of it is actually minute in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread