What's new

i need help with my room (1 Viewer)

nitrox36

Grip
Real Name
shawn
I have a 18x16 room that i built but i need some advice and also on how to better cover that window with the max payne poster on it i have a big piece of foam panted plack nut i need a more custom look please help!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Blackout fabric is available at Joann's, Hancock Fabrics or any other name brand fabric store. If they don't know it by that name, ask for curtain liners to keep out the light.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You can buy curtains that are already "blackout". They have the blakout material already on the back. Any store that sells curtains/drapes.

nitrox36

Grip
Real Name
shawn
sweet thanks, do you see anything else in the room that needs improvement, i am throwing around the idea of a optoma hd 20 in place of my sammy 67. it will give me a few more feet and bigger picture for gaming. it has nothing but spactack reviews....what u think

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
A HD20 would be great. I've got the Mits. HC3800 and I love it. If you go the projector route, I would: 1) build a riser for the rear seating(about 8" tall). The height will depend on how far off the floor the bottom of your screen is. 2) Paint the ceiling black, flat finish.

nitrox36

Grip
Real Name
shawn
its hard to see but i put a riser its 7.5 tall its were the blue rope light is. that tv is new lol. bout 8 months old but i want a bigger screen

nitrox36

Grip
Real Name
shawn
ok i need some advice on my room, I have a window thats over 6ft wide and i need to come up with a neat design for it and to also keep light out when i watch movies. so i am open to sugesstion , i'd also like to put some posters on there or near the windows...please help

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pink, rigid foam. Cover it in a nice cloth. Put some posters on it. If you cut it oversize, the pressure will keep it in the window opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks