i need a ridiculous tuxedo for a senior prom

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Sam E. Torres, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Either wear something nice for her, or if you want to be audacious, try something you can at least pass off as not out of "Dumb and Dumber" because all it will do is make you out as a jerk.

You could try, if you want to be risky a Kilt bottom (tartan) and a tuxedo top. It would be different, and would stand out, but would be classy rather then emberrassing.

(and what is it with these foolish youth! For pete sake, between this kind of thing and Antonio.. damn boys, where's your lady handling skills!)

I think even though she may say that, if you go through with it, you're going to hurt some feelings.

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Which only strengthens your wierdness [​IMG]

I once saw a tuxedo that was done up like a sports jersey (i.e. the name and number on the back). Kinda like the SNL skit where Jimmy Falon has Nomars name and number on the back of his prom jacket (in tape), but this one looked professional.

3. Topher

Topher Stunt Coordinator

Now that is cool. You have free reign!

NOMAH!

4. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

I say get a white tux with glittery pink bow tie, glittery pink cumberbun and glittery pink socks. I say pink in order to match her dress. If you can find a white top-hat with a pink band that'd be cool too. Get a coat with tails. Look for Pink glittery gloves.

If the tux shop is cool, and you got the bod to pull it off, ask that the sleeves be removed from the tux and shirt.

It would be wild, yet not grossly foolish.

5. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Socks??? I'm thinking white mocasines and NO socks. Keep the Julio Iglesias spirit alive for a new generation [​IMG]

6. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

what about something similar to tom hanks' white tuxedo in "big"?

7. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Nice [​IMG]

8. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

Well?????? You can't throw that advice out there using that example and not finish the story. Were the women right or wrong? Millions of casually dressed males are depending on your guidance with this answer! [​IMG]

9. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Go with a James Bond-style tux. Slick your hair back like Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan, and say to your date and the other women, "The name's Torres. Sam Torres." Women love the 007 tux look. [​IMG]

10. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Well, if you and your friend are both dressing weird, go for it. [​IMG] Although I stand by the idea to include her in your choices, so there won't be any surprises. [​IMG]

Have fun!

11. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Ooooo!!!! I just got a GREAT idea, but it requires a LOT of balls...

You wear the prom dress and she wears the tux! Now that would be weird. [​IMG]

12. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

He mentioned he was "very married" at the time the offer came along, so I'm guessing he passed [​IMG]

Mark, I think you've had the best idea in the entire thread [​IMG]

13. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

That would be correct Ricardo.

But it never hurts to be asked. [​IMG]

In any case my point was that men look good in a basic tux --and many women (including ones you don't know) respond appropiatly. Perhaps not so much or so well when dressed in a clown suit.

I may be wrong, but I’m guessing the Cary Grant had more chances than Emmet Kelley. [​IMG]

I’ve owned my own tux for many, many years—and will only make the occasional concession by perhaps wearing a bright red or green bow tie at Christmas. Or perhaps a plaid one at the St. Andrews ball.

Even on these few occasions, by wife protests: straight black looks best, says she.

14. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Right, I edited to include glittery pink socks. Gotta have the flair throughout.

15. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Breakaway tuxedo. Halfway through the prom rip it off to reveal your classy tuxedo long johns. [​IMG]

16. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Tophat, gloves, tails, and a cane. In either white or a bright color. And to make it all the more fun, a couple of sizes to small so your ankles and a good bit of your forarms show.

17. BrianB

BrianB Producer

C'mon, Lew, I gotta call you on that one... Plaid??? You know better than that! [​IMG]

18. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

One year, I was at a Senior Formal and one very attractive young lady wore what I always refer to as the 'Hocktaler' outfit, from a commercial for that product; tailored tux shirt and jacket (tapered to the waist, and so on) with tails, top hat, high-cut shorts (no idea what you'd call them) and sheer black stockings; very Cabaret like.

Damn. DAMN.

19. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Ok Brian, you got me—I do.

I thought I was making an obscure enough reference that it would pass right by. I momentarily forgot the diversity of the forum membership. On top of which (in reality), my wife always insists on black.

20. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter