What's new

I Married a Monster From Outer Space (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I remember seeing a sci-fi B-movie at the cinema when I was a child and it gave me nightmares for weeks, and I have never seen it since, all I remember now is the title Mission Mars, it's listed in the IMDB as a 1968 film starring Nick Adams and Darren McGavin. I think it featured aliens gouging out the eyes of astronauts or something like that. Really gave me the creeps when I was young. I'd love to see it again after 30 years, but it was never on television over here or on video. Anyone heard of this film?

Jake Johnson

Second Unit
Bob Muir:
Are these 2-disk sets you speak of part of an ongoing series of dvd's? How would I search for them on DDD? Any links?
Thanks

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Careful with that film "Phase IV" that was just released. It's not the original about the ants that are experimented on. :thumbsdown:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
And some more blob movies in R1, please:

THE H-MAN (1958-Japanese)
CALTIKI, THE IMMORTAL MONSTER (1959-Italian)
SPACE MASTER X-7 (1958)
GOKE, BODY SNATCHER FROM HELL (1968-Japanese)
THE GREEN SLIME (1969-Japanese/USA)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
How could I forget blob films!:)

Jack,
The Time Travelers was Forrest J Ackerman's first cameo appearance in a low budget horror or sci-fi film. That alone should make it a must for a DVD release.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I Married A Monster from Outer Space is indeed a great little film with a terrible title. Similarly badly titled: I Walked with a Zombie, a creepy, atmospheric Val Lewton/Jacques Tourneur flick.

I'd love to see virtually all of the above-named flicks on DVD!

Jan

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
I caved in last year and got I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE on vhs (along with PHASE IV - with the ants!) as I just couldn't hold out any longer, having seen it late one night on tv many years ago and remembering it ever since. A great underrated sci-fi flick for sure. I'd happily upgrade both of these for a dvd release.

And another vote for ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS. Another one I caught on the tube years ago and would love to revisit.

Johnny B.

Julie K

Screenwriter
In case anyone has missed the excellent news already reported in the Paramount release thread....

I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE is coming to DVD on September 14!

I can ditch that nasty tape thingy!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Julie. You yourself return from Mars, resuming your posting activity as per your moral obligations, and then you freaking get the DVD release of your dreams. Amazing.

But, I suppose, Paramount still is AWOL with Robinson Crusoe on Mars.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yeah, and the release is only three days away from my birthday!

Yes, Robinson Crusoe on Mars is still AWOL but we are getting Conquest of Space. "There will be no unauthorized floating on *this* ship" :laugh:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, and a Mars ship originally thought to be headed for the Moon -- and a captain who thinks to ask the ship's designer, "Why does it have wings?" And a captain who turns out to be a man-wasn't-meant-to-explore-space religious fanatic who tries to sabotage his own Mars mission.

But I love that movie -- especially the Charles Bonestell paintings and miniatures.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I'm glad this is coming to DVD, as my old VHS doesn't cut it.

Incidentally, did any of you see the TV remake of this film which aired in 1998? It is called I MARRIED A MONSTER; and originally aired on UPN. The remake was also released on VHS by Paramount. It wasn't great, but it did follow the original pretty closely.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
So I'm off the computer for a couple of days, returning (after watching all of the DISNEY TREASURES: TOMORROWLAND set) now to see that I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE and CONQUEST OF SPACE (plus THE NAKED JUNGLE and LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL) are coming soon on DVD? Woo-hoooo!!!! :) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've never seen IMAMFOS, as I've never been able to find it. I'm really psyched for this!

I'd get pretty much everything mentioned above if it was available!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks