What's new

I made it through Bose Hell !!!!! Thanks HTF!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Here are my meanderings through speakers in the last 2 years. I started with a Bose AM6 setup and realized that Bose although attractive sound terrible. ( This wesite was a lifesaver) I then auditioned several towers from Bose,Polk,JBL,and Sony. My Budget kept me from anything but the Sony's so I picked up four Sony MB100H's and put them on stands around my room. For $100 I had a much better sounding theater than the $600.00 Bose setup. Finally this week I have upgraded to Polk audio R20 bookshelfs for the front and rear ($50 each at Frys) and a Polk CSI20 ($97 from Frys). I think my system sounds incredible. I had a borrowed set of Paradigm Atoms but I prefer the sound of the Polks. They just sound a little more natural to me. I finally sat back this afternoon and listed to the Eagles Hell Freezes Over Dvd and I feel so gratified. I just wanted to thank all of you fellow HTF brothers and sisters for all of your knowledge and recommendations. Here is to many more years of theater bliss. :D

Rahul

Auditioning
This is not a direct response to your post, but rather it got me thinking about something general. I began posting here a short time ago. Many posts/threads on this forum are excesively negative. Sound is a relative thing. Perhaps the people who like certain speakers/subwoofers enjoy the sound, perhaps for them it's not overpriced. For example, I own M&K's, others may like B&W speakers better, great we both get excited about music and home theater, which is what's important. There are other threads on different topics besides Bose that are also negative. Why don't these people just focus on what they like rather than what they don't like? I never understand why a few people take a hobby they enjoy and like others to enjoy, and become negative about it. After all, the end goal is for everyone to have fun with it. :)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I hope I don't come off as a Bose basher. I just realized that the Bose corporation in particular overcharges incredibly for an average at best product. I have owned them so I am making an informed statement. If someone likes Bose and Bose sounds the best to their ear then great!!! Enjoy them. I have always said buy what your ear tells you to buy. My ears are loving my Polk setup. I certainly hope that the average listener can tell the difference in the sound of Polk vs Bose. In my case even Sony sounded much better than Bose. To each his own but my ears are :D Very Happy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks