What's new

I love... (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mike Frezon said:
I love...

...little baby ducks, old pick-up trucks, slow-moving trains, and rain.I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, Sunday School in May,And hay.And I love you tooI love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrelsI love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy pups, bourbon in a glass, and grass.
And I love you tooI love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions.I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when it's good, and life.And I love you too.

==============

And you gotta love Tom T. Hall. :biggrin:

I love this Tom T Hall song. True story (told by T himself): he was once banned from performing this on TV because some exec thought there was something subversive about saying I love "grass". (this was early 70s).

I love:

My wife and family
Our pets
Music when its good
Waking up everyday
My country and those who sacrificed to keep us free
Laurel and Hardy
God
B movies
The diversity of the world we live in

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, I love the HTF and I love destroying spammers, but I so much love - and I never knew I would...

(better not open this spoiler if you hate old guys' sentimentality and silliness)
.... someone who can copy you without even trying or knowing it.

DSCN0633_DxOcrc1620.jpg

click picture to enlarge

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mike,

You're bound to love it. Both of you.

(Victor Hugo: "There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson."
Include grand-daughters. Include grandmothers.)

Cees

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Calm lakes in the mountains under threatening clouds. (Today's lunch spot.)

Warm Lake clouds.jpg

Getting to know personally the original designer of your classic car.

2665128555_f2ba0684c8_z.jpg

Having the confidence to fix things when they aren't in proper order.

14432397915_8b702b8026_c.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I love...my wife.

I spent a couple of months tracking down old photographs and restoring them. Made this for Valentine's Day. Tried to find a GIDGET TV series thread to post it in, but they had all been archived.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone...

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks...I broke down and played it for her early. Had to show it to her and ask her permission to post. I've learned how I can judge how much she likes videos I make her. If she only watches it once, better luck next time. If she asks to see it twice, she really liked it. If she asks to see it 3 times or more, she loves it. So far she has watched this one 4 times... :)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I love...movies.

Here's my top-ten favorite movies of all time. If I were to do a video entitled "The Top Ten Greatest Movies Of All Time," many of them would be different. But I think my top four would stay the same.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Travis, if you haven't read The Jaws Log, you should buy it immediately and read it. I think there is a recent updated edition, but either edition is a must read.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I love...artists.

I asked my artist friends of all ages, from all over the world, to send me pictures of themselves and their work, and I wrote and read this tribute to them--and to artists everywhere.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
...remembering my best pal, who would have celebrated a birthday today. I created this short movie to honor him and keep his creative spirit alive. He was a movie-making genius, and hardly anyone will ever know his name.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Really nice piece, Alan. Made with love and affection.

We're put on this Earth for a reason. We may not know what it is. But it's apparent your friend made quite an impact on people in the short amount of time he was here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks