What's new

I Love Lucy (Season Sets) - Paramount ??? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
There was such hoopla about this set when columbia House was gouging the consumers and Paramount was putting them out at a fraction of the cost. What ever happened to the "complete" season sets?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
They have to first announce the remeaning disc for the first season and then we will more than likely have to wait some time before we hear about a season two...

Though it would be nice to get updates on this for the people that are buying them now on the day that they come out...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Season 1 is up for preorder at dvdplanet.com here. It arrives the same day as the individual Season 1, Vol. 9. My guess is that it will be all nine discs packaged in a season set box. Retail is $99.99, which is $35 less than buying all nine discs individually at their retail price of $14.99.

Hopefully Paramount will see fit to do the same thing with Star Trek: TOS. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
This is really annoying after I bought the whole set individually :angry:, I should have held out for the box set. I believe Paramount wants us to buy the set all over again, since they didn't announce this in the beginning, as previously stated. :thumbsdown:

Will K

Screenwriter
Since they've(almost) completed season 1, why can't they just proceed with Season 2 as a box set? Now we have to wait for the Season 1 collection to be marketed and released before we can have the second. :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have to agree with some of the remarks here.

Paramount would have done us all a favor if
they announced their plans up front.

I have been keeping up with the current batch
of I LOVE LUCY releases. Now I hear Paramount
is re-releasing these in a boxed set at a cheaper
price? Couldn't they have made this clear from
the onset?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've learned my lesson, I won't be buying the second season separately and will just be patient and wait and see if they release them in a box set.

Crawdaddy

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Well...what 'nice' thinks can I say about this...

Oh there aren't any...nevermind...:angry:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I've already bought my mom the first six voulumes, so I guess I'll just have to finish her collection off that way.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
This really pisses me off! Thanks for nothing Paramount! I heard they weren't supposed to start boxed sets until season 2 so I purchased Volumes 1-6 already and Volumes 7 and 8 are on the way even as we speak. If Paramount thinks I'm going to repurchase the season one boxed set they're out of their freakin' minds. Very bad business not to be honest with their customers! The least they could do is offer free packaging to those who've purchased individual volumes. Paramount is now down a notch in terms of the trust factor as far as I'm concerned!

One really pissed off consumer!!!
Jeff

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Great way to treat the die-hard fans of the series, Paramount. Gouge them first and let the casual fan who didn't buy each disc upfront ride off their backs by offering the whole series at a discounted price. Another one here is going to wait for the whole Series 2 to be released before buying.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Another one here is going to wait for the whole Series 2 to be released before buying.
Are you guys not reading what David reposted from the Lucy fan newsletter? "Paramount discs will continue to feature 4 episodes per disc, at least through the end of Season One. After that, Paramount will release each season's shows in box sets." There won't be any waiting for the other seasons; they'll be available at once, according to the fan site.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing to worry about as far as content goes. If you read the "massive information" link above, you'll see that it's just the individual discs collected together. No new extras or specs...it's all the same. Indeed, Randy's comparisons to Space: 1999 and so forth is a perfect example.

The only two concerns I have out of this:

1) If you have paid for each of these separately, then you end up paying more than getting this box set. But then again, that goes for Space: 1999 and the others.

2) Not having the outer slipcover for the box set. A&E solved that problem with Space: 1999 and some of their others by offering to mail the "megaset" box slipcovers to customers who asked for it. I'd love that for Lucy, just so my S1 discs can have a consistant look with all future seasons. It would also making "stacking" them easier, should I decide to treat each season like a "brick" (easier done with the box sets that look like that).

I do agree that the S2 (which I know for a fact that Oppenheimer is working hard on right now) and forward would probably not be available as individual discs. That makes me wonder if the future seasons would be a box set in this style, or use digipacks or thinpaks or anything else that would create an inconsistant look.

Another thought: The reactions shown here toward a repackaging of the I.L.L. releases are *EXACTLY* why Paramount has not re-released the Star Trek TOS series in box sets. Too much potential hard feelings from customers who bought the individual 2-eps-per-disc releases.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Are you guys not reading what David reposted from the Lucy fan newsletter? "Paramount discs will continue to feature 4 episodes per disc, at least through the end of Season One. After that, Paramount will release each season's shows in box sets." There won't be any waiting for the other seasons; they'll be available at once, according to the fan site.
If that's true, I'll have to think of some wacky, convoluted scheme to get this! :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The least they could do is offer free packaging to those who've purchased individual volumes
Now THERE is an idea!

If Paramount would be so kind to offer slipcovers
to those that bought the individual sets, I would
be quite happy.

I know Paramount is reading this thread, and I
hope they would make these slipcovers available
to those that wanted them. I'd even agree to pay
a small shipping and handling charge for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks