What's new

I know it's only a rumor, but.....Genesis reformed?? (2 Viewers)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

I think the various members, in a "concerted" effort, are trying to see what kind of reaction they'll get if a reunion is indeed going to happen.

Plus the possible releases of those multi-channel remixes of their albums.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I think the emphasis should be on possible :angry: . We still haven't seen Lamb and there's no sign of the others being released.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I keep thinking that if they've gone to the whole effort of remastering (remixing) them to multichannel, it's not a question of if, just when. And/or what format to release them in: DVD-A, DualDisc, SACD, or heck even one of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD might even be ready by that time.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
So far, no one has objected to meeting and discussing the possibility of a reunion. This is a good sign.

However, knowing that both Phil and Peter have already lined up projects in the near future may mean that a new album may be out of the question. A long tour may also be impossible. Which points to the possibility of several reunion concerts staged in selected cities, a la Cream. And the concerts would serve as promotion for the hi-rez releases.

In many ways, I prefer the reunion to be like what I mentioned above. An new album by those 5 guys will guarantee to be "disappointing" to the purists and fanatics, given the anticipation and hype. There will be endless comparisons between that new album and what they did 30+ years ago. I think we're lucky enough just to have Genesis regroup and do some concerts.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
The following has been posted on Peter Gabriel's official website....

However, no official word from Genesis or Phil Collins.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Official statement posted on official Genesis website today....

But what about after 2006? 40th Anniversary concerts??

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know Phil has rejoined Genesis. Currently, on Genesis' website is a greeting from the band....

BTW, you can catch a glimpse of the surround sound monitoring system at Genesis' recording studio, The Farm, on the just released "Live at Sherperds Bush, London" from Mike & The Mechanics.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
It would be great if they did. But since we're allowed to speculate :), I just don't see it. I don't think any of them are hurting for money, and other than just for the fun of it, but touring can be a definite grind, I just don't see it.

And if they did, personally, I'd want them to limit the songs they'd play to just those where Peter Gabriel was in the band, and I don't see that at all. So if they also do songs that Phil did, is Peter going to sing them, or sing backup to Phil, or go backstage while they play Phil's songs?

Kind of like if Van Halen toured with Sammy Hagar *and* David Lee Roth.

It would be nice, but I just don't see it...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Phil and Peter together would make one hell of a concert, and yes, I'd want to hear Phil songs too. Maybe not the mushy ballads (ala Hold On My Heart, Never A Time, In Too Deep...) but I'd love to hear Mama, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Turn It On Again, etc... Phil's stuff with Genesis was infinately better than his solo work, barring the first two solo records.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
And then would Steve Hackett be part of it? To me, it wouldn't be "Genesis" if Peter was there but Steve wasn't.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Didn't Hagar and Roth tour together a couple of years ago? I don't think the rest of Van Halen was involved, though.

Anthrax toured with both John Bush and Joey Belladonna at least once, years after Belladonna first left the band.

Also, Iron Maiden re-acquired Adrian Smith without unloading Janick Gers, although they did drop Blaze Bailey when Bruce Bruce came back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks