What's new

I just had the greatest dream! (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I was at my Grandparetns old house ( They moved 3 years ago)
And I had inherited my deceased grandmothers home theater..
And boy was it AWESOME.
It was in a huge music rack,
It had 2 progressive scan dvd's
Power Amplifers upon power amplifiers
Equalizers
Dolby-everything
It as so beautiful!
I just had to tell you guys it before I forgot!
Nathan

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I had a recurring dream for about 15 years.It was the same every time-It took place in the neighborhood I lived in when we moved upstate from NYC and Godzilla comes by and tears up the neighborhood.
My father used to take me to R rated movies when I very young, so I had really bad dreams as a kid-vampires,ninjas,zombies - I think Ive been chased by every creature imaginable.
My favorite is still when Christina Applegate put out for me after saving her from a group of humanoid assassins.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I had a dream that I was involved in a threesome with Ivana Milicevic and Mila Kunis!!!
But what did YOU dream?
biggrin.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
yeah, most of my greatest dreams are totally unsuitable for viewers under 18... and im 15 with raging hormones, so that kinda explains it... its so annoying having to wash my sheets every couple nights!
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Man, I hate being chased by things in dreams. I can never get away. It's like my legs stop working and everything goes in slow motion, except the bastard who is chasing me. He still gets to run at full speed. It's even worse when I start moving backwards despite my best efforts to keep running.
Although, I haven't had a real bad dream in a few years..
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What Brent said!
biggrin.gif
That said, no dream can truly be considered great unless it involves Emmanuelle Beart and a hot tub!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
That said, no dream can truly be considered great unless it involves Emmanuelle Beart and a hot tub!
A statment that can only be made by a man who has never had a dream involving Kim Bassinger and Jell-O factory. :)
Regards,
Joe
Quick! Send a Boy Scout uniform and twelve loaves of french bread to the Marquis deSade suite! -- Woody Allen.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I've had this dream before;.. Gillian Anderson is begging me for a head to toe tongue bath. Sometimes waking up really blows.
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I had the most messed up dream the other night. I was a scientist and invented the time machine. I decided to go back and stop the JFK Assassination... all goes well until I head back to the future. I get back and get this... everyone is speaking Russian, the dream kinda dragged on the point that the only Home Video format was Beta (NOOO!), I realized that I could have never existed because I was born after the JFK incident and EXPLODED!
Now that is one fucked up dream
wink.gif
beat that.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hello Joseph, remember me? Their is only one S, in Basinger.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Vengeance is sweet!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, I wish I had dreams like that.
My dreams are just like regular days, usally days at work. The hard part is distinguishing them in retrospect from real days, especially because there are very few 'tells' that they aren't real.
It's a good thing I like my job, or that could be hell.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I had a really strange dream last night. Somehow I had made something like 30 million dollars. The first thing my wife and I did was buy a brand new Jet Ranger. We then proceeded to buzz and annoy the hell out of people with it.
In real life, buzzing someone would probably result in your being jailed or at least having your license revoked.
It was funny though. Surely I'd build a state of the art HT system before I'd spend $1.5m on a wirlybird.
Dreams seldom make any sense.
------------------
We are the citizens of the United States of America. Resistance is futile. We CANNOT be stopped so don't bother trying.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I had one of my more bizarre dreams last night. Not too long but very weird. It seemed a bunch of traders at the securities firm where I work had just walked out and quit. There was a new person there, however, who turned out to be a woman I used to work with at another investment bank. But, she had a big moustache (a la Wilfred Brimley) and a bunch of little whiskers on her chin ! I then found out that she was my new neighbor in my condo building ! How to I account for this ?
1) That scene in 'Band of Brothers' where all the NCOs petition to get Sobol booted
2) I am, in fact, getting a new, single, female neighbor at the end of the month
3) I had been trying to call an old buddy of mine at that particular investment bank
4) No idea where the moustache thing came from but it could be because on the last date (literally) I had w/ a girl a few weeks ago, I noticed kind of a peach-fuzz thing goin' on on her upper lip. That's not the reason we stopped seeing each other but still, kinda strange.
I also had a dream a month or so ago that involved a female friend, her boyfriend, a Beatles record, George Costanza and a pizza. No, I don't take halleucengenics.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I had a really cool dream about having a waterfight with a buddy of mine ..... strange eh!
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Just last night I had the WORST dream: a Dr. told me I had terminal malignant melanoma.
Clue #1 that this was a dream and not real life:
In my dream the Dr. was played by a real Dr. client of mine who is an ophthalmic surgeon, not an oncologist.
Clue #2: I remember feeling real sad, because I would be survived by my mother, and this would make her really sad. In real life, I would probably not be that considerate.
Clue #3: I remember thinking I would never buy any more HT equipment, as I only had a month to live, and by the time I got that SACD player, I wouldn't have time to hook it up AND find titles. In real life, I probably just would have been glad not to have to pay my credit card bills.
Things to worry about:
Who do I leave my HT equipment and DVD/LD/CD/LP collection to?
Who will take care of my dogs?
Maybe I shold make taking care of the dogs a condition for inheriting a complete HT?
Bad dreams really suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks