What's new

I just got back from the emergency room. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Looks like I have a urinary tract infection, low white blood cell count, and maybe even a kidney stone. They took an x-ray and couldn't find a stone, but said one still could be there.

Earlier this week I had pains from my left kidney all the way down to my groin area, and I was urinating blood. It all went away that night, so I didn't go to the doctor. Well today it it got worse, and felt like I was being jabbed in the area with a steak knife, plus peeing blood again. The bloody urine looked like dark pink grapefruit. After a while I couldn't take it anymore, and went and found out about the infection. Now I'm on meds.

Earlier my mom was at the emergency room too. She had severe bruising. It was caused by her operation. The blood had no where to go, so it pooled in her thighs. They gave her meds to fix that. She's better now.

What a trying day it's been. I'm glad it's all over.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If ever I start peeing blood, I'm not waiting a couple of days to see a doctor. I don't like going to the doctor and I don't like hospitals, but there's no way I could ignore something like that even if it seems to go away in a few hours.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Man that's tough, thanks for writing that and making me feel all weak.

I remember my grandma fainted at a restaurant which was the first sign. She went to a doctor and they couldn't find anything wrong. She then started feeling sick a day later and started urinating blood. She visited the doctor again and was diagnosed with a bladder infection.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Stephen, was your bladder X-Rayed or just your kidneys? The pain and blood you describe sounds to me like a stone passing, of which it could now reside in your bladder. Something doesn't sound right because even a cheap X-Ray set up is likely to find the tiniest stones. I've been under the care of a urologist for my one kidney for about 5 years now and have had numerous X-Rays time and time again. After 3 lithotripsies and bladder procedures, I'm almost stone-free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks