What's new

I have a problem viewing one DVD on my Toshiba portable DVD player..please help... (1 Viewer)

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
I was on the plane yesterday (I am in Florida for the week) and I tried to watch Donnie Brasco with my wife. When I put the DVD into the Toshiba SDP-2000, the screen said it was unauthorized. All my other DVD's play fine. I think this is a coding issue- on the back of the Donnie DVD there is a logo with the number 1 in the middle of it. The screen also said to consult my manual (which is in Ct). Can anyone tell me how I can rectify this problem OR can someone tell me where I can search an online version of the Toshiba DVD manual? Thanks in advance.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Region 1 includes North America and Canada; I doubt that's the problem. If it's a new disc you haven't tried before, it's probably a flaw in the disc. If it's a disc that plays fine in other players, it's probably a flaw in the player (or an incompatibility between that particular disc and the player).

I'm moving this to the Software forum.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks