What's new

I hate to open this can of worms (1 Viewer)

KirkP

Agent
I have had a chance to spend time with most of these models and while the newest LCD projectors look fantastic and truly have made improvements in eliminating SDE, I'm still a DLP fan. I own a 4805 and while I wish I had a few more features - it still offers the best overall picture quality for the price (IMHO). I do like the Hitachi PJTX100 (720p LCD projector) and our company is a dealer for both but it is quite a bit more expensive and since I am primarily viewing DVD content, I just couldn't justify the higher price.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
Kirk, What size screen are you using with your 4805, as I am sure you read above, I am going with a 119" screen, It seems like the majority of people here are using a 100" or smaller, This is where my delemna is, Which is going to give me the better pic at that size, the Z3 or the 4805, I guess its just something that I am going to have to test myself and make up my own mind, everyone here has been a great help but I think im just gonna have to see the two in action

KirkP

Agent
Travis,

I agree, you'll want to see and test for yourself. A 92" is what I typically recommend for the 4805 for the best results. I actually do have a 106" screen which was in place before purchasing the projector but i am very satisfied with the image quality even at this larger screen size. I've also tested the 4805 on a much larger screen and was suprised by how good it looked.

jimiJames

Auditioning
Travis, are you sure the Z3 has vertical AND horizontal keystoning? I think it only has vertical.

Can anyone confirm this?

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
im sorry my misunderstanding, it has vertical keystone correction and horizontal and vertical lense shift, I was a zombie when I posted that, workin 12 hour days and then workin on a house takes it out of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks