What's new

I hate going to the eye doctor (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
because he does crap like this to me
bigeye.jpg

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I hate going to an eye doctor
because when she looks in my eye from funny angles her face looks funny and i start giggling uncontrollably
[Edited last by Mark Dubbelboer on October 16, 2001 at 07:14 AM]

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Hey we're not all that bad.
biggrin.gif

Funny that they won't put in to reverse the dialted pupils...maybe its to persecute u?
Mark...ur not even supposed to look at her face but across the room.
I don't usually tell people this but if its kinda nice to look into someone's eyes if 1) they're nice looking girls and 2) if they smell really nice. OK...disclaimer to follow...
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is that like looking up the nose of one's dentist?
"Gee, looks like the 4th nose hair in the left nostril is going gray doc, maybe you should have a looksee?"
laugh.gif

Jay
------------------
HUGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.
smiley_peek.gif

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Philip, that's nothing.
Look what my eye doctor did to me!
goggles2.jpg

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Must have been an all syrup slushy :)
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I just had my pupils dilated this past weekend and it was no sweat. They used some gentler eyedrops that didn't affect my vision as long. In fact, I didn't even feel that affected by bright lights or sunlight like I usually do.
On the weird side, they diagnosed me with a slight astigmatism and want me to try some new contacts to correct it. Apparently the lenses are thicker at one end so the they rotate into the right position on my eye. I tried a trial pair and I think they'll take some getting used to. Anyhow, they had to order another pair because one of the lenses they gave me caused an overcorrection.
And I love going to the eye doctor. The female technicians that work there are hot! Can't wait for those new lenses to come in.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Hell that's the easy part. I had to go because I had blocked tear ducts in my left eye. I had to sit and rest my chin on the support thing. Look directly at him as he put a syringe filled with saline into my tear duct to flush it. All without blinking! I didn't hurt one bit. Just felt a little strange.
For those that don't know, your tear ducts aren't in the corner of your eyes. If you look closely you will see a tiny opening in the edges of your eyelids. Those are the tearducts.
Jeff

Janna S

Second Unit
In the last month I have had nine stitches taken out of the newly transplanted cornea in my left eye - sixteen remain. Talk about taking "Now, don't move!" seriously . . . .

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Quit it...
You guys are scaring me.
I'm finally going to the eye doctor for the first time since grade school and you are all freaking me out.
eek.gif

Seriously, I will be going to the eye doctor's for the first time for blurry vision what should I expect for my first visit in over 15 years?.
Should I have someone else drive me to the appointment just incase they do dilate my eyes?
------------------
BAM

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Oh no! Why did I come take a look at this thread? I have this thing about my eyes. Remember how Charlie in "So I Married an Ax Murderer" reacted with the "ear thing?" Well, I'm pretty much like that but with my eyes. I was avoiding this thread on purpose, but it's like a traffic accident...I just had to look. Just reading all the above posts has my eyes in tears! I'm out'a here.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Yeah you can drive OK after, just don't expect to read anything.
I needed some dielectric grease for my motorcycle and had to ask the guy at the parts store where it was because I couldn't read the boxes. It's BAD

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
oh and the eye pressure test sucks too. I don't like shit in my eye so he couldn't use the blue light thingy and had to blast me with air.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I got the "air cannon" glaucoma test too. And they like to have photos of the eye structure, so they line each eye up one at a time and FLASH! ...take a instant photo. The flash they use is so intense that I'm completely blinded for 30 seconds or more and partially so for about five minutes. The techs usually have to lead me by hand from the testing area to the examination room.
rolleyes.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
ARGH!
and the doc is like "yeah come back in a year or two"
YEAH NO FUCKING WAY! volunteer for this treatment? I don't think so :)

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
On my last visit, the doctor gave me some new drops to un-dilate my pupils. I guess they're just supposed to reduce the time it takes for your eyes to recover from the dilating drops, but I can't really testify to their effectiveness because I did what I always do after I get dilated - I went home and took a nap.
Lary
------------------
Want to help the HTF find ET? Click here! Learn more here .

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Michael*K
Apparently the lenses are thicker at one end so the they rotate into the right position on my eye.
These are called Toric lenses--I had to wear them for years. They do a terrific job of correcting astigmatism, and I was relatively (*see note below for further info. if you want it) happy with them until the asigmatism got so bad I could no longer get clear vision even with these. They're more expensive than regular lenses, though.
*Yes, they're weighted at some point and that point rotates to the bottom of your eye when you are upright. Gravity does work, though, so they also rotate if you lean back in a recliner to watch TV, lay on your side to read a book, rest the side of your head on your hand during an excruciatingly boring meeting . . . you get the idea. Unfortunately, they are designed to be used when you are in fact upright, so the rotation in the other situations pretty much sucks. Especially when someone calls your name and you look up real fast--zoom everything's out of focus for a second or two!
Don't get me wrong--I loved these lenses anyway because I could see, and would have continued to purchase them if they still worked for me. Now, though, I've had Lasik--and am really happy!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
EW EW EW!! What I want to know is how do you guys put those THINGS (contacts) into your eyes without freaking?!?!?! EW EW EW!! I hate anything in my eye. I haven't been to the eyedoctor in about 15 years or more (I'm 29 now). Should I? I'm completely blind in my right eye. I wonder if they've come out with a magic treatment for that... Maybe automagically transplant me a good optic nerve!! (yep it's the nerve that's messed, not the eye itself - since birth).
oh yeah, and all the posts above this one?? EW EW EW!!!
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks