What's new

I guess Mits 73" is the baby now (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yeah but -- 1080p! Booyeah!

While I can't afford it nor can I fit it into my apt, I am psyched to see all the major manufacturers putting out flagship LCOS sets.

Sometime around the nexus of HDTV proliferation, HD-DVD, and my current set being long in the tooth, I'll be looking out for a 2K-3K 65" LCOS set. And then I'll pounce. And it will be a glorious day.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if FP is right for everybody. For dedicated HT sure, but in my living room with lights on? I'd sure take a HUGE digital RPTV.

By the time that 65" LCOS drops to 2k, you'll want DSFJE anyway :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Well, a Sanyo PLV-70, at 1280x720 and 2000 lumens, can easily project a watchable image in full daylight, and it can be had for around $5000 US. Couple that with a high-gain (2.0 or higher) screen, and you have a 100" projected image at half the price of the Mits 82" and sunglass-inducing brightness!

But, 1080p resolution is nice. Now, where are the 1920x1080p LCOS front projectors?

The one thing going for the Mits would be bulb life...if it is anything like the Samsung DLP RPTVs, I'd expect at least 10,000 hours of useable bulb life (like CRT tubes).

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you can certainly get great brightness and quality for cheaper in the FP. But don't you lose blacks? IE the darkest that the screen gets is the ambient light in your room. I was at a somewhat dark sports bar last week with 4 projectors next to each other, and you could always see details missing compared to the regular tv's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks