What's new

I got this crazy idea... (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So imagine that there is a big screen (like, say, 10'x20' or larger) and there are 4 projectors hooked up to it (one for each corner of the screen, so there are 4 5'x10' images) and then there are 4 X-Boxes hooked up on a network together and each one is hooked to a projector. So, we have 16 people playing Halo on a 10'x20' screen with 4 projectors.

So would this or would this not be cool? Imagine if they start doing tournaments like this!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Cool idea, but I think it would be even better with 4 seperate screens, maybe on opposite sides forming a square, with the gamers in the center.

Wheeee!!! I would just explode with gaming goodness!! :b

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I've done up to 8-player windowed Street Racer (Sega Saturn import from Europe), and I find that the smaller your window is, no matter how large the screen, the harder it is to play due to sensory overload of everybody else's windows.
Would be a neat stunt, but not the best way to play.
Anyhow, I'd want a mouse or something as well. ;)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Scoot, during the whole GoldenEye craze, people were looking for the kind of video splitter that dept stores use -- you know, the kind that put a large image across 16 TV's stacked 4X4.

The idea was to get four sets hooked up to a device like this a play with separate screens.

I also remember a contraption that used cardboard and windows to separate the 4 quadrants so that no one player could see another.

Hanson

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Done it with Quake!
I worked for Mad Catz at E3 this past May and we used a 4x4 video wall. At the top of every hour there was a tournament held among members from the crowd. Whoever won got to have their picture taken with some nice looking ladies. You can see a picture of it Link Removed. It is a rather large image. The large "mad catz" logo you see is the wall. It was very cool indeed.
Dan Hine

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Oh My God this is a BAD pic! But it's the only one I've found so far. I'll keep looking. The one of the left was MUCH cuter but pretty stuck up. The one on the right was really cool. I actually almost walked in on the left one while she was changing...woops!
If I find more I'll just edit this post to include them.
Link Removed
Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Hmm...couldn't you have players sit in little cubicles or in separate rooms, then put the video signal together and then pop it up onto a large screen so that a large crowd could watch the people battle it out?

In my house, we have little wireless receivers/transmitters. Sometimes, when my brother (older) and his friends are playing football games, I will go into another room and turn on the TV so I can see them play (if the transmitter is hooked up) just because its cool to watch. Couldn't this also be used?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Morgan, I keep telling you to come to Otakon :) We do have the finals on a big projector last I checked ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Jeff-

I want to come, but I don't know if my dad can handle all that anime. He can't handle watching Evangelion for more than a few seconds, so my only other option would be to wait until I'm older or to make my brother bring me (which I seriously doubt since he hates anime more than my dad).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks