What's new

I got the call. My silver and black Rotel RSP-1066 is in. (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
OK, so it was an email. My dealer who originally told me it would be in around mid June contacted me at work this afternoon. He said he just got his first batch of silver and black 1066s in.
OK, so I can't use it until my new theater is build, but it's still here and it's mine all mine:D. Since the dealer is about and 1 1/2 hours away I won't be able to pick it up until next Saturday, but at least it's here and I'll have it soon.
You guys may want to call your dealers and see if yours are in yet. Good luck guys.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Legairre,that's great news.I've ordered mine in Canada,so I'm hoping to see it within 2 weeks.How are you going to look at that silver bad boy and not be able to listen to it? You might want to keep it taped up:D

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Wayne,
I hope yours and everyone else's 1066s are on their way too. Man it's going to kill me not being able to use it. Anyway I have to open it up and take some pics, but I'll be crying that I can't use it. :angry:
Hey, wait a minute. All my gear is over my mom's house. maybe I'll hook it up and play some CDs. It may not be the perfect environment for music, but it will have to do. I do have to make sure it works don't I?:D

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Fantastic news! Maybe my dealer will get his silver units in this weekend. Post some pictures when you can. Are the LEDs blue?

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Michael,

I just spoke to one of the guys at the dealers(It was pretty busy at the moment). He couldn't remember what color the LED was, but he did say there is definately a "BLUE" ring around the volume knob. The pic I posted earlier shows a blue ring around the volume knob and a blue LED. Let's hope the LED matches the ring like in the pic.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Post pics...Post pics!!
Too bad you can't use it right away though. :frowning:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Legairre, bummer that you can't use it right away. I'll tell you what, on your way back from Spearit Sound, just drop it off at my house and I'll make sure I burn it in for you so when you are ready to take it, it will be totally broken in!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :b :D

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Legairre, whatever you do don't listen to Evan - he's already got a new AVM-20 in his house and doesn't need another great pre/pro! :D Instead, how about taking a road trip to Baltimore? I know a great home theater component storage facility...:D

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Andrew,
Way to go. Don't let them sell it to anyone else.
Evan,
Thanks for the offer. Hey, how about I drop off the 1066 and you let me hold the AVM-20.;) Trust me I'll be back for the 1066. I know what your thinking "no F***ing way buddy". I don't blame you. If I had an AVM-20 I'd hold onto it with a death grip too.
Scott,
I apologize for not getting back to you. Your in Baltimore? My wife has sisters in Baltimore. Yeah, Evans building quite the pre/pro demo shop. I bet he's keeping the 950 and AVM-20 on an A/B switcher. Imagine that. He'd have one great and one good pre/pro. Never hurts to have a backup. Add in the 1066 and he'd have one great and two good pre/pros. I Love that AVM-20 :emoji_thumbsup:
Camp,
The minute I get it home I'll post some pics. I hope some of you beat me to it within the next few days though.

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
Congrats Legairre!!! Mine should arrive tuesday, I can't wait. My friend & I finished sanding down one of my aragon amps faceplates, it is like a mirror now, I changed the LED to blue from green and it is going in for laser engraving for the logo tomorrow. I can't wait to see the Rotel and amps side by side.:D :D
Apparently they received the 1066's (black & silver) two days ago, opened them up, did another update on them, which just so happened to come out pretty much the same day! So the newly shipped silvers should have the latest software in them and those of you who have an "older" model, should have an update posted on the Rotel site soon! I love these guys. The update includes minor bug fixes and DD override capability.:emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
Well bad news. My dealer called and said no 1066 today, that means at least until Monday since no UPS ground deliveries on Saturday. If the units were shipped from MA and Legairre's dealer got his Thursday, I should get mine Wednesday. That assumes my units was shipped the same time as Legairre's and UPS is correct that it takes 5 days from MA to AZ by stagecoach.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Steven,

I bet those Aragons looks sweet. It sounds like your going to have aamps that match your 1066 perfectly. Right down to the LEDs. Also great news you posted on the silver and black units latest software upgrade.

Let me see if I have this straight. Rotel USA, received the 1066s from over seas. Opened them up and applied the latest upgrade. Then re-sealed them and shipped them out to the dealers. Now that's first rate. Way to go Rotel. They could have just let us pay for a cable and do it ourselves. I know we'll all buy or make the cable sooner or later, but this was a nice thing to do anyway.

Michael,

I forgot Rotel was in MA. That explains why my dealer got his so soon. He's in MA. By the way, he only has three if you count mine. Sounds like supplies are still short.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
So the newly shipped silvers should have the latest software in them and those of you who have an "older" model, should have an update posted on the Rotel site soon
Sounds like Steven is saying another upgrade is coming for current owners. I think he's saying the ones shipping now are a version ahead of the 4/26 upgrade. The 4/26 upgrade gave people version 1.35 so we should be able to tell when we check the software version on the new 1066s.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
i wonder if ill ever get so much into ht where the color of equipment matters.:star:

Legairre

Supporting Actor
el,
I know it's shallow, but as long as I keep my HT/music priorities straight. Looks will always matter. When I'm faced with two similar products I evaluate them in the following order.
1. sound
2. features
3. looks
If both products have the same sound and features then looks will determine which one I buy. Looks may be last, but it's definately on my list.
Hey, don't knock your system. Other than you guys I'm the only person I know who even has a HT. Everyone I currently work with or have worked with in the past doesn't even have a HT. Heck most of them still have a Sounddesign system from the 80s. You have a HT. Be proud and play it loud. It's yours and at least you have one. I bet most of the people you know think your crazy for being into HT. I bet they just don't get it. Now go over to your system and say your sorry. :)

Michael Hurst

Stunt Coordinator
el

Your system is just fine. Look at it this way, it will only get better with time. Just to let you know I also have a 27" TV. The audio portion to me is much more important. As time goes on I will continue to upgrade as you probably will too.

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
Who's gonna get it first????!!!!;) Hope it's me!!!:D I can't wait to see what it looks like in real life!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks