What's new

I got schmucked by an old lady doing 80! (1 Viewer)

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to her everyone is ok!

I totally agree and even feel it wouldn't hurt for everyone to HAVE to re-take the test every ten years or so as the rules of the road do change from time to time.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Actually, quite a few cars are designed to handle side-impact collisions. I don't have any specifics, but reading the book "Stiff" by Mary Roach (written in 2002, research probably done in 2000), has shown that donated cadavers have been instrumental in the development of cars that are better equipped to protect passengers in the event of a side-impact.

With that said, it's probable that the impact may have been in either the trunk (not a hatchback right?) or the engine compartment of the car. Is that right Michael?

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor

True, but the sides don't really have the crumple zones that you refer to in your first post. Some cars have side airbags and some other things, but your initial post made it sound almost like all accidents are survivable due to crumple zones, when this is clearly not the case. If you get rammed in the side by fast moving SUV, you will be in a world of hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks