What's new

I Got My XM ! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I picked up the SkyFi Receiver and the Home and Car Kit tonight. I was up and running on the Home Stereo in Minutes. Activated online and in about a half hour I was Surfing the channels. I think XM is gonna turn out for me alot like Tivo, one of those devices you cannot live without after you get one. I'm already digging what I'm hearing on alot of the channels. I'm glad there's no commercials on the music and equally glad there are some DJ's on some channels. With no DJ's it would sound too canned. They are good informative and Brief. Overall the sound quality hooked up to my Upstairs system is great. I can imagine how it would sound if I get the Tos link connection. And I'm Amazed I can just point that little antenna south on My entertainment center and get a full signal not even near a window, pretty amazing.

I cannot wait to get this in my vehicle !

Thanks for all the tips here and thanks Ron for this section.

MatS

Screenwriter
welcome aboard Dave :emoji_thumbsup:
you will never listen to radio the same way again

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I echo Mat's statements.

Anybody that gets into satellite radio will
never listen to FM again.

I even dare say that you'll probably not listen
to as many CDs anymore either.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I Might Listen to a few more, actually buy a few more with the new artist's I'll be hearing. BTW Ron how is the Boombox for the Skyfi? I'm getting tempted to get it so I can listen Outside, by the Bedside etc? Is it a relatively good sounding unit and can you hook a pair of Headphones to it?

MatS

Screenwriter
I myself like the boombox (first version, haven't tried the new version). Yes there is a jack for headphones.

I am offering the boombox for sale as part of a package (as I have made a hardware change from the SkyFi to the Roady to better suit my needs)
but I might consider selling it seperately.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=184529

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
My feelings exactly. Reminds me of the way radio used to be. I live in a small mountain town where our only choices for radio are, shall we say, worn out! XM is the best thing since color television.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
After reading Ron's review and hearing that XM went commercial free and that basically "the dog" is going down the toilet in programming.

I'm joining the XM band wagon this week.

I'm really excited for the 80's & Cinemagic stations.

it will be perfect for my many trips to L.A. in my little miata conv.

I'm so sick of FM these days.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
John,

Congrats! I promise, you made the right choice.

Please let us know what you think of XM once you
get it all set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks