What's new

I got my check from the CD lawsuit (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Congrats anthony, I've never won a lawsuit.
Do you have to report that to the IRS? :)

Jim

Maybe you could check with a tax attorney.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Mine came today and I almost accidentally threw it away. It's, physically, so little and today was a heavy day for junk mail. It almost hit the trash with the rest of the junk. Now I have $13.86 too. K-Tel here I come!:crazy:

Got mine. When I first saw the outside where it says 'CD Antitrust Lawsuit, Settlement Materials Enclosed', I thought I was getting sued by the RIAA!! I had forgotten all about it!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I thought I was getting sued by the RIAA!!"

YIKES!! Got mine today too, asked my coworkers if they got theres and they're like "Uh...oh yea I forgot to do it." Some people. My sister applied 3 times for the 3 members of here family and received 3 checks,

"I'll use it to buy another cd"

I say we try double damage to the holier than thou RIAA and buy MOVIES!!!!! :D :D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Most of the media giants own music and movie intrests. If you want to hurt their feeling and pocketbooks, ya'all will have to find something else to spend the money on.

Sathyan

Second Unit

The leading music firms and film studios are linked (Sony/Columbia/Epic, Universal/Philips/DG/Decca/Verve/Interscope/A&M, Warner Bros/Teldec/Elektra/Reprise/Atlantic). I don't know about Disney, Fox and Viacom/Paramount.

Blue Note and Virgin are really EMI
Arista, Arte Nova and RCA are BMG

I'm going to buy a CD with my check.
What labels are truly independent?

Rounder? Naxos? Harmonia Mundi? BIS? Hyperion?

chris_clem

Second Unit
Um... I feel stupid for asking this since everyone here knows what's going on but... what lawsuit?:b Sorry for my ignorance but I have been kinda living under a rock recently (Med school:frowning: )

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
This is a ripoff. The lawyers made all the money, not the consumers who got burned.

I just got my check today, and the cool thing is, I don't even remember what I did to sign on to the lawsuit... :D

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I got mine yestiddy. It'll go in the general pot to be used for my new speakers, whenever I have a chance to decide on them.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks