What's new

I got 2 free TV's today (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Don't get too jealous, they're only old analog sets. :) Anyway, my daughter's 27" TV went bad a few days ago, squealing like crazy. I was told that people are giving away analog sets for free on Craigslist, so I checked it out. Sure enough, I got a 26" RCA today, and a 36" Toshiba set for free. Nothing wrong with either one. My daughter is now thrilled, going from a 27" TV to a 36" set. We use the smaller set in a spare bedroom for recording shows on a VCR for the wife.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Occasionally you'll find people giving away 1080i capable flat tubes. I think the biggest they got were 34" 16x9, but you needed two people to carry it. I sold my 48" Mits 1080i(with DVI) for $100 last summer...so I could move a 50" plasma in. Good deals to be had.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I saw the ads. There are a good amount of 32" and 36" sets too. Not just 19" and 27" sets. All free. The Toshiba 36" set looks like new, also has component inputs. The guy advertised it as a 27" set though. I guess no one would have come out to get it otherwise. Too damn heavy. Him and his son even loaded it into my van.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks