What's new

I Finally Ditched Windows for Good (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
That is the absolute best argument for not going with a Mac.

I agree. I used to build my own systems when I did a lot of PC gaming so I could pick and choose what I wanted. After getting out of PC gaming though, I found building my own PCs and keeping them up to date was more trouble than it was worth so I made the switch to Mac. No regrets.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a long-time Mac user at home, but for work I have had to use Windows. I've used OS/2, OS/2 Warp, and MS Windows from WFW 3.1 to Windows 10 (though I purposely skipped ME, Vista, 8, and 8.1).
My experience is more like Dave F.'s, I look at WIN 10 as a refined 7.
I use it on a Surface Pro 4 and I have to say I am pretty happy with the experience.
Is it buggy? Yes.
Is it as good as Mac OS? No.
But I may not be an average user. I am now out of the IT operations side, so I don't tweak this machine very much.
I run what I need to, which is basically applications like Office Suite, Visio, and a few SaaS offerings.
Not like the old days when I used to try out a lot of different software, and installed/un-installed many times for work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks