What's new

I drove into someone's front yard! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This morning as I am going to work on the usual 2-lane road I take every workday, I noticed there's a school bus stopped waiting for a girl to get to the bus. Well, I noticed this, but the guy behind didn't and as I slowed down, he's wasn't, and by the time he realized what was going on, I thought I was going to get nailed in the backend, so I drove into the front yard of someone in an attempt to avoid the collision.

Luckily the guy managed to avoid me after I drove off the road, and I was able to drive out of the yard (there was a ditch-like slope where I drove through), and the guy did stop and make sure I could get out of the yard.

Nice way to start off the week, eh?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
OK folks, here is the actual story:
AP
Duluth, Georgia
An on-going debate between neighbors took an unusual turn today. The once-friendly debate involves Mr. Patrick Sun, a self-proclaimed "Home Theater junkie" and Mrs. Jane Doe, a 78 year old widowed retiree with 5 children, 14 grandchildren and a toy poodle.
The debate revolves around Mrs. Doe prefering to watch movies on her VCR and 19" TV in "Pan and Scan". Mr. Sun, who purchased a DVD player shortly after the initial release in 1997, wants all movies to be available in the "original aspect ratio" better known as "letterbox".
The debate began late last year when Mrs. Doe stopped by Mr. Sun's home to deliver some fresh baked cookies. Mr. Sun recommended a movie to Mrs. Doe and offered to loan Mrs. Doe the movie on DVD. Mrs. Doe politely declined due to the fact that she doesn't own a DVD player and doesn't enjoy movies that use "them black bars on the top and bottom of my TV!"
The debate raged all winter long. Mr. Sun became quite flustered with Mrs. Doe after she repeatedly refused to "give 'OAR' a try." His frustration overcame him when Mr. Sun decided to drive through Mrs. Doe's front yard early today. Mr. Sun claims that a non-observant driver behind him and a stopped school bus in front of him forced a quick manuever to avoid an accident. This manuever involved Mr. Sun driving recklessly through Mrs. Doe's front yard several times at a high rate of speed. These high speed passes destroyed portions of her lawn as well as several dozen plants in her garden.
Police are currently investigating, but an inside source has stated that they doubt Mr. Sun's story. "His story would be more believable if it hadn't occured on Saturday night at 11:45pm." Another insider also said that Mr. Sun's tire tracks "frame the yard at 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 ratios." Police are investigating possible connections to these numbers.
;)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Pat,
Things could have been worse. I'm glad to read that you made it to work ok so that you can do your job moderating on the Home Theater Forum. :D
Was there any damage to your car?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dennis, I was framed! If I did it, it would have been 16x9!
Tom, no damage, except being the topic of discussion for many others at the water coolers, I'm sure. :)

KyleS

Screenwriter
Did you make sure the person who owned the Yard was ok with you driving on it? ;)
Seriously that person could file charges against you and for that reason you would need the insurance of the guy who wasnt going to stop before he hit you. I have seen this first hand with my brother. He avioded an accident and ran over a bush going into a ladies yard. When the officers arrived they had to ask the person who owned the yard if she wanted to file charges or not to clear my brother.... Just an FYI.
Kyle
PS GREAT job in avoiding the accident and the children.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Nice way to get the heart started in the morning. Way to go, Patman! (You're okay, and that's what counts.)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Pat just put it this way: you probably prevented some kids from possibly gettting hurt.
That IS a nice way to start off the week. :)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Somebody's been watching a few too many Alias episodes. ;) Nice, on the spot decision making.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Don't feel too bad Patrick, my car went into someone's living room once! About 14yrs ago when i was a wee lad of 18, I parked my car infront of a neighbors house. The house was at the bottom of a 30 ft hill. Well the my front wheels were turned toward the hill when i parked the car(should have straightened them!). Well the parking brake failed about 2 min after i got into my house and the car rolled down the hill right into the neighbors house! I gotta tell ya my SVS subs don't have anything on the sound that crash made! My collision insurance covered the damages though(luckily for me). A day i will never forget!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A stoned driver actually drove my grandfather's own car into the second bedroom of his apartment a few years ago. He "failed to notice" a turn in the apartment complex road, ramped over an embankment, landed his T-Bird on top of a Chevy S-10, the force pushed the S-10 across the small parking lot into my grandfather's Mercury Sable which was in a covered spot, and the force continued to push my grandfather's car through the sloped aluminum roof of the parking area and through the brick wall of his apartment, blasting debris and a couch and bookcase across the small bedroom. Fortunately, my grandparents were sleeping in the bedroom on the opposite side of the apartment when it occured.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks