What's new

I Dream of Jeannie Season 1 - 3/14/06! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Brett: Can you help out a "potato head" :rolleyes:(me) and let me know how TSoD is supported by "ordering through them"? Do you mean that, if we click on the Amazon link from their site, then that helps out Gord/Dave? I nearly always order with Amazon but I'm not sure that's helping them out in the way you mentioned since I go directly to Amazon and order that way.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,you're not a potato head.

Yes, if you click on the links to order a title at Amazon.com (or any other of the sites they have listed where a release is available) from within tvshowsondvd.com the site gets a small percentage.You can order books or almost any other product and they get a % as long as you've gone to Amazon from their product links.

Those guys do a lot of work keeping us informed and I don't mind helping them out at all.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
And we love the users that do that. The Amazon money helps to pay for the server, the bandwidth bills, and the long distance bills from calling the studios too often ;)

Amazon knows how you click to their site, and they credit websites that send them customers, but only for 24 hours. So if you click an Amazon link on TVShowsOnDVD.com (or any other site), then they credit that site with the sale, and any other products the person buys during that session. Saving them in a cart and buying them later doesn't result in a credit though; the purchase has to be made at that time.

So, there you go. Now you know how to support the sites you visit, especially if you buy from Amazon.com

Gord
P.S. Brett, thanks for the support!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Two weeks from today:D

According to Larry Hagman's website "Larry will be promoting the release of JEANNIE DVD in New York City the week of March 13. Tentatively scheduled currently are appearances on Good Morning America on 3/14, The View on 3/15 and perhaps QVC on 3/16. Check back for updates."

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I figured I'd have to order online since I noticed BB and Target only Stock the Color Releases of Bewitched. Gord I'll go thru your site when I Preorder.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Are there not any reviews of this set yet? I haven't been able to find any...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks Chris! I can't wait 'til next Tuesday:) I think having the episode selections menu inside the bottle was a cool idea.

And dang it all! I wish I could go to NYC for the signing!

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Because nothing else was available and I was anxious to just get the shows I got the Bewitched seasons 1 and 2 colorized.

I found I didn't mind the colorization (it's actually quite good and I've enjoyed seeing some it it colorized) and sometimes leave it on but most of the time when I view the shows I turn the color off by way of composite/ component settings.

You see, my particualar DVD player has to be set for either composite/S-video or component. Whichever the Player is set for gets the color signal.

If my player is set for Composite, video is still sent to compenent, but sans color and vice versa for composite.

So, this the way I have watched the colorized Bewitched, most of the time.

My admitidally untrained eye notices no problems with the grayscales (nothing looks artificially lightned up for coloring).

So, I am resigned to the fact I will proabably be getting IDOJ colorized too, but have the means to take the color away for the original black and white.

When I get my next DVD player (which I am sure would be advanced so as to give color composite and component signals simutaniously) I will then proabably get the BW versions (if I haven't already).

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so did anybody else pick this up today?
My Best Buy had both the colorized and original black and white versions, so I decided to go with the original b&w. It wasn't that easy a decision as I would have thought, actually; because as much of a traditionalist as I am, I was really curious to see how the colorized episodes looked after thinking the previews were pretty nice. Yes, I realize that it's not "proper black and white" to turn the color off, but initially I figured that would provide an excuse to spring for the dual-purpose colorization... But in the end, my sensibilities for wanting the "official" b/w version won out with my wallet, even though Sidney Sheldon adamantly insists in the interview segment that he desperately wanted the first season of JEANNIE to be in color! I thought the episodes looked pretty darn good.

The audio commentary with Barbara Eden, Larry Hagman and Bill Daily for the pilot episode is hugely a waste of time. It's one of those pointless exercises where the cast members are silent most of the time, just watching the show themselves ("oh, look, there's Hayden Roarke!", "Oh, look at that!!" "Gee, I haven't seen this in years!"). I lost count of how many times Bill Daily told Barbara Eden she looked gorgeous (which she did, but still...). I don't think Larry Hagman said more than three or four words for the whole 25 minutes.

Thankfully, the special featurette is considerably better, and we get to see as well as hear Eden, Hagman, Daily and Sheldon. They're all pretty "up," and it's a pleasure to see. It's only 13 minutes or so, but it's nice to have and we're lucky these four were still with us to contribute.

Nice job, overall.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was easy for me to know I wanted the B&W only, but a nearer thing getting it! Best Buy had 17 copies of the color version and 3 of the B&W. Like Bewitched before it, if anyone is wanting the B&W, sooner is probably going to be better than later.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I bought it on my lunch break over at the Target (only the colorized) and got a $5.00 gift certificate:) I have about an hour before I go home...I can't wait!

Tommy_K

Auditioning
I had a lot of walking to do yesterday, in order to buy the B&W version of IDOJ. I religiously shop J&R Music World on Tuesday evenings, but this Tuesday they were completely out of the B&W version (dozens of colorized versions were available. Pretty much resigned to having to order it on-line (I don't do much on-line shopping -- its an immediate gratification thing with me)I decided to try the Best Buy shop in the village, and I couldn't believe it but they had multiple B&W copies. YAY!

The only weird thing was, they had the Colorized version on sale, and not the B&W. I whined to the check-out girl and she couldn't understand why I'd want it in B&W anyway, when they had color available. She said she wished they'd put I Love Lucy out in color. (She was just adorable!)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Tower Records at Lincoln Center in NYC had plenty of B&W sets in the new release section.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I actually went to Best Buy and bought my B&W set...I was surprised as when I bought Bewitched there they only had colorized.

Somethings I noticed about these sets...I've really only watched the colorized and they have the Screen Gems ending at the end!!! That's awesome! I'm not sure if the b&w do as well..

I also noticed that when Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman were talking about the show she said that the original opening was only used for the first 13 episodes and then the familiar one came into play as well as the episodes being shot in color...I haven't got to the 14th episode.

LCD22

Screenwriter

According to Sitcoms Online, the black and white version does not have the Screen Gems ending. Weird that the color version does. Also, I read somewhere that the Screen Gems logo for "Bewitched" S3 is not present.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I forgot to ask -- is the original theme song included on this set? The one that aired during the first season? Believe it or not, I like it better than the one that replaced it. I was also wondering if the b&w sets might have that original theme and the color ones the other theme, simply because using the first season theme would involve colorizing the titles, which wouldn't have to be done with the theme that followed.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The entire first season of 30 shows was shot in black and white. The theme song changed at the start of the second year along with the switch to color. (In other words, Barbara was mistaken on the commentary.)

What she might be thinking of is the extra little open with narration. It was dropped after the first few shows. This was often cut out of syndicated showings but TBS used to leave it in.

I wasn't too impressed with the commenatary either, as no one had much to say. I agree the featurette is decent, if short.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.