What's new

I do not like this as a movie; I do not think it will be groovy. (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Here's a pic:
AAUUGGHH!! Shut it off! Oh, GOD! Erase this memory from my mind! There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me forget what I just saw!

Damn you, Weinberg! Damn you to hell and thrice back again!

My eyes are bleeding!!! AAUUGGHH!!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Mike Myers' make-up is odd and bizarre
Is that fur on his left cheek or is it a scar?

Dakota Fanning looks the part
I kinda doubt, though, that the movie has heart

Yeah, I know that my rhymes aren't that cool
But SKG and Imagine are acting like fools

While we're talking of foolish things, what do they mean
When it's implied a holiday release will be seen?

Will it be Christmas, the Grinch's domain?
Or Halloween, when the make-up won't seem that plain?

I don't know, I'm just taking a guess
And hoping the movie's done with mild finesse

But if it bombs and it's rejected
Say Hey, I would guess it would be expected

So, I'll just say

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And then in conclusion, that make-up looks rough!

Brenton

Screenwriter
That is absolutely horrifying.
Anyways, here's another pic from Dark Horizons. It's of Thing 1 and Thing 2.

I want to say "I'll probably see it anyway" without using the car crash analogy, but I just can't.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Not a chance in hell. If I brought my daughter to see this, she'd be in therapy for the rest of her life.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Press Release

Universal Pictures' 'Hat' Overflowing With Promotional Programs For Highly-Anticipated Holiday Release, Dr. Seuss' The Cat In The Hat

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Universal Pictures today announced an extensive, wide-ranging list of promotional partners for the upcoming Universal Pictures/DreamWorks Pictures/Imagine Entertainment film presentation of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, starring Mike Myers. The highly-anticipated film adaptation of the literary classic from Academy Award® winning producer Brian Grazer and director Bo Welch, also stars Alec Baldwin, Kelly Preston, Dakota Fanning, Spencer Breslin, and Amy Hill and is
scheduled for release on November 21, 2003.

'Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat promises to be an unforgettable film experience," said Beth Goss, executive vice president, The Brand Group, Universal Pictures. "We are thrilled with the level of innovative marketing
partners who have aligned themselves with this event film and we are confident that consumers will enjoy the imaginative nature of the products which will be available at retail this holiday season."

The film's domestic promotional campaign will roll out at all tiers of retail distribution in November 2003 with partners including Burger King Corporation, Hershey Foods Corporation, Kellogg's, Kraft Foods, MasterCard
International, Pepsi/Frito Lay, Procter and Gamble, Rayovac, Smucker's and Jif and United States Postal Service.

Partner and programs are listed below in alphabetical order:

Burger King Corporation

-- Film will be supported with a multi-million dollar advertising and promotional campaign, including a BURGER KING(R) Kids' Meal promotion that will feature Cat In The Hat kids meals, which will include different themed toys each week; TV advertising and in-restaurant merchandising in more than 8,000 BURGER KING(R) restaurants in the U.S.

-- BURGER KING(R) promotion begins in conjunction with the film's release and will run approximately six weeks at participating restaurants, while supplies last

-- BURGER KING(R) promotion will also feature a special, all-family holiday surprise

Hershey Foods Corporation

-- National "Find the Striped Candy" sweepstakes promotion on over 55 million specially marked packages

-- A variety of Hershey's brands are included in the promotion including, Hershey(R)'s Kisses(R), Kit Kat(R), Reese's(R) and Jolly Rancher(R).

-- Consumers can win a one of 100 trips to Universal's Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort as well as thousands of other Cat in the Hat themed prizes

-- Promotion will be supported with television and print advertising as well as an FSI

Kellogg's

-- National sweepstakes program "Free Room Cleaning for a Year contest" on 55 million packages

-- Thing One and Thing Two plush inserts in 20 million packages

-- Will create a limited edition Kellogg's "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" cereal that features striped hats.

-- Will create a limited edition Kellogg's "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" Pop-Tarts toaster pastry that features blue frosting, striped filling and hat shaped crunchlets.

-- Participating brands include: Rice Krispies, Frosted Krispies, Cocoa Rice Krispies, Smacks, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Mini Wheats, Apple Jacks, Rice Krispie Treats cereal, Crispix, Eggo
Waffles, Pop Tarts, Froot Loop cereal and milk bars, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes cereal and milk bars, and Rice Krispies Treats.

Kraft Foods

-- Will create unique "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" products and bring the promotion to life in the retail aisle via colorful point-of-sale displays

-- Kraft's well-known brands participating in the promotion include: Kraft(R) Singles Pasteurized Process Cheese, Lunchables(R) Lunch Combinations, Mini Oreo(R) Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Kraft(R) Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, Lunchables(R) Fun Snacks, String-Ums(R), Twist-Ums(R) and Rip-Ums(R) Cheeses

MasterCard International

-- As the official payment services partner of Universal Entertainment, including Motion Pictures, Theme Parks, Home Video and VUNet, MasterCard International will conduct a national sweepstakes program
featuring "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in Hat"

-- Card usage promotion will run from November 1 - December 31, 2003, promoting all MasterCard branded payments

-- MasterCard's Cat in the Hat program will be promoted via an integrated media strategy including television, radio, print and online executions that will feature the brand's award-winning Priceless campaign

-- Holiday promotion will be leveraged by a number of MasterCard's member financial institutions and select merchant partners

Pepsi/Frito Lay

-- National Promotion offering consumers chance to win one of (25) $10,000 Shopping sprees in 175 million packages of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Diet Mt. Dew and Sierra Mist and on 50 million packages of Doritos, Lay's, Ruffles, Cheetos, Variety Pack and Seasonal Variety Packs

-- Supported with in store point-of-sale displays

Procter and Gamble (Home Care division)

-- P&G Home Care will leverage all five Home Care brands - Cascade(R), Dawn(R), Febreze(R), Mr. Clean(R) and Swiffer(R) - through a multi- million dollar marketing program that includes:

-- National "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" themed print and broadcast advertising campaign

-- Consumer and retail focused, multi-brand platform promoted through special promotional SKUs, premiums, bundles, and in-store displays as well as a national multi-brand FSI drop

-- National sweepstakes promotion offering consumers the chance to win "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" inspired items

Rayovac

-- "Win This Thing or That" national sweepstakes program featured on approximately 8 million packages of Maximum Plus(TM) Alkaline Batteries

-- Consumers can choose:

"This", where they will have a strong chance of winning free batteries or Cat in the Hat merchandise like sweatshirts or hats

OR

"That", where they have a chance of winning a Ford Thunderbird filled with $1 million dollars

-- In-store merchandising with free Cat in the Hat back-by-mail t-shirt offer included on every display

-- The promotion will be supported by a national FSI

Smucker's and Jif

-- The national promotion will be interactive and supported on specially marked jars of Smucker's(R) Fruit Spreads and Jif(R) Peanut Butter, via a national FSI, and on smuckers.com and jif.com

-- Using their "Ring-Ring FunNumber Thing", the unique code found on each specially marked package, consumers call a toll-free number to see if they are a winner of one of 10,000 prizes

-- Consumers can win one of the following prizes: a set of four tickets (2 adults and 2 kids) to see "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat" movie (or any other Universal movie), a Cat in the Hat striped hat, or a Cat in
the Hat plush toy

United States Postal Service
-- Details of program to be announced

"The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Seuss was first published in 1957, and remains one of the top ten best-selling hardcover children's books of all time. The mischievous feline visitor in the striped stove-pipe hat makes his big screen debut with this live-action production, which will bring the delightfully off-kilter Dr. Seuss characters -- as well as some new ones created especially for the film -- to life on the big screen.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
'Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat promises to be an unforgettable film experience," said Beth Goss, executive vice president, The Brand Group, Universal Pictures.
For those of you not familiar with marketing speak, unforgettable=scars you for life.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
We are thrilled with the level of innovative marketing partners who have aligned themselves with this event film and we are confident that consumers will enjoy the imaginative nature of the products which will be available at retail this holiday season.
I think I'm gonna barf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks