What's new

I did it, DVP-CX995V come to daddy (1 Viewer)

Hank_P

Second Unit
I should have it this Friday. After reading many post and reviews, I'm looking forward to this megachanger. I really need to clear off some shelf space since I'm approaching the 700 mark. I know there are little quirks here and there, but those are acceptable based on the great reviews for picture, and having a collection available at my fingertips.

I will keep my current 5 disc changer in the rack (until I get HD-DVD or BR) and use the new changer for most of my boxsets, tv series, etc. I considered the 777es, but without HDMI, it was a no-go.

I just wanted to share my excitement :D

Matt_ES

Agent
Wow that looks great.
I'd be very interested to know 3 aspects of this when it comes:

1 - Can you select the disc number via remote? i have had the 400 Disc CX-985V for a couple years, and one of the most frustrating and unbelievable things with this is that you can't sit on your duff and enter in a disc number to play. Only change one up or down and that's terrible. I actually have to get off my sofa to change that. Which is ok by myself but when you're sitting wrapped around a chick and the mood is right, what a buzzkill.

2 - Will this play Dual/Double layer burnt DVD's ripped and burned from a computer?

3 - Does this have a coax out to the TV? I have an older TV that doesn't have S-Video, but I guess the yellow video input should work

Good luck!

Ralph P.

Stunt Coordinator

Greetings,

I have the 995 and have been very satisfied with it. I can answer two of your questions.

1. You can directly access the disc slots using the remote control. The procedure is simple. You would press Display, Enter, the disc slot number, and then press Enter again. You would need to press Display again to clear the display screen. I have a Philips Pronto NG TSU7000 touch screen remote and I have the DVD jacket covers uploaded on to the remote. Using this series of commands ( set to macros ) I simple press the DVD jacket picture and the player cues up the selected disc.

2. Sorry I can not help you there as I don't have any. I have heard that it is pretty much hit and miss though.

3. Absolutely not. I have never seen a stand alone DVD player that had a coaxial video output.

Best of luck with your new toy......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks