What's new

I can't believe the price differences...... (1 Viewer)

I can't believe the price differences on digital camcorders between local store and online. I am looking to buy a Canon Optura 20. They want $850 (including sales tax) at my local Best Buy. I can get the same camcorder online at Buydig.com for like $550 delivered. That is a difference of 300 bucks!!!!! Although I have to wait a week to get it if I order online. But for $300 I think I can wait.

I never seen a product with such a large price difference. It is damn near half the price to buy it online!

Anyways, I know Best Buy does not price match online stores, but any you guys known Best Buy or any place to come off there prices at all to try to get your business?

Don*K

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Nick,

Did you buy your camcorder? from an online vendor? I've been eyeing the Panasonic 3CCD PV-DV953 for a while now. At a list price of $1499, I can't imagine buying it at BestBuy. If you already bought, how was your experience? the service?

Don

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Buying at Best Buy gets you a warrantee. Buying online from a non-authorized retailer gets you, maybe, that retailers warrantee only. Might work out or you might be left with a worthless lump of metal and plastic - you decide whether the risk is acceptable.

You might try negotiating at Best Buy; you never know, although they won't come close to your quoted price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks