What's new

I can still remember the HD, Blue-ray wars (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
I wish they'd sort out this region coding nonsense. It was bad enough back in the bad old days of DVD, but what with a different region for every timezone it's becoming a farce now. It's even worse when the region changes every time the clocks change...:angry:

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

That's only half the problem, the 7:6 pulldown is KILLING my cerebral widescreen optical inplants. My other complaint is DTS still hasn't fixed the dropouts that plagued us since DTS-EXXX 26.6. I never here what Raven Simone is screaming in chapter 26 of Star Wars 22 It's A Small Sabre After All, the Millenium Collection. :rolleyes

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member

I'm sick of reading all the complaints from people who wanted it split onto separate discs just so it would look like more though! ;)

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
JackKay wrote:
Well that's just great.
I'm still stuck with my ancient DTS-EXX 25.6 system. The sound mix in the Omaha Beach scene in "Saving Private Ryan" sounds so muddy and indistinct compared to the new systems that I'm now embarrassed to play it for guests. And with the long-awaited release of "Harry Potter and the Escape From the Assisted Living Facility" just around the corner, how am I going to afford the upgrade?:angry:

Steve Tack

Agent
I don't get why still have to deal with interlaced video. I mean 6080i is great and all, but now I need to upgrade to a progressive scan SMUHD-DVD player (super mega ultra high definition) to get 6080p.

JackKay

Second Unit
Steve, for the life of me I don't know what these COMPANIES want from us. Every time I turn around it is another bell or whistle that I just got to have that never comes in the configuration I have, or can subspace to other components. Frustrating to say the least. And if that wasn't enough my teen age son went with the Blockbuster/Hollywood/Net-flex/(now commonly called Amazon)implant that receives all the movies in CraniumVoidex. Monthly charges apply. All he does now is stand in a corner or lay on the couch and quiver once in a while. My wife and I can still monitor his life signs on the Viewer through the thought remote, so he still must be in the neighborhood if not in the house upstairs.
Oh well, whats a parent to do.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I was more interested in the Every TV Show Ever Made disc, until I found out that one episode of Time Tunnel is missing the studio logo at the end. It's apparently there, but it fades out a second early. No sale. It's actually a shame, as I was going to take a few days and watch every episode of Guiding Light ever aired. Well, I can rent it.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Is anybody else bothered by Definition Extrapolation on Sony's Ultra-Ultra Hi-Definition player? I used to think edge enhancement was annoying, but I've just been violently ill watching the mine-chase sequence in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I mean, the sequence was great at 1080p/24fps, but it's hard to stomach at 6480p and the framerate extrapolated to 100fps.

Incidentally, is anybody else having trouble getting liquid nitrogen for the picture engine cooling system? That's two weeks our local Walmart's been out of stock of the two gallon flask.

RichP

Second Unit

Actually I think he was talking about Lucas' deathbed version of the Original Trilogy in which he digitally replaced every character in the Trilogy with a GunGan just to piss off the 60 year old fanboys (I guess maybe fanboy isn't that accurate a term anymore).

Well, that and renaming them The Magnificent Adventures of JarJar Binks and his GunGan Rangers probably didn't win him any fans either.

All we can hope for is that the new Indiana Jones movie starring the cryogenically frozen head of Harrison Ford is worth the $99 ticket price. :)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Incidentally, is anybody else having trouble getting liquid nitrogen for the picture engine cooling system? That's two weeks our local Walmart's been out of stock of the two gallon flask."

Well, we're all having trouble getting not just liquid nitrogen, but liquid anything these days, now that James Cameron has accidentally destroyed the world. Oh, the folly of Mr. Cameron -- when he made The Abyss, he built an actual underwater facility. When he made The Titanic, he built a giant replica of the doomed ship. This, as we all know, continued throughout his career, in famous disater films like The Hindendurg, Pompeii, and The Freddie Prinze, Jr. Story. For his latest, Extinction Level Event, he actually built a giant 200-mile-wide asteroid in space. This was amazing to look at, until Cameron was ready for the money shot, and pushed the asteroid into the reach of Earth's gravity. Striking the Yucatan peninsula, the apocalyptic impact of this epic stunt pushed the Gulf of Mexico into Oklahoma, and threw up millions of pounds of soot into the atmosphere, blotting out the sun. This has caused massive problems, as all the vegetation has now died, and the college football schedule has been disrupted.

For his part, Cameron was unhappy with the take, because the impact shockwave didn't have the "oomph" he was looking for, and so he is building another asteroid stacked with fusion neutron nuclear bombs for take two.

mark alan

Supporting Actor

The pro schedule is still intact isn't it? I will not let the end of the world interfer with me watching the Android Steelers kick some AI butt.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
The pro schedule is still intact isn't it? I will not let the end of the world interfer with me watching the Android Steelers kick some AI butt.

Weren't we all? Too bad the Android Players Union chose this moment to instigate revolt. Android football players have now seized control of Pittsburgh, Dallas, Washington, San Fransisco, San Diego, Kansas City, Miami, Cleveland and Denver. As usual, the Cincinatti Androids have failed to do much of anything.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

I just want the original 1997 Special Edition releases of the Star Wars Trilogy! I hate all these changes they made from the originals!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks