What's new

I brought home my adopted baby today (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I've been wanting to do this for some time and today saw the culmination of my efforts. I brought home an adopted baby.

Ok, those who know me are either fainting from shock or are going "Yeah, yeah, Julie's got a new kitty".

Well, no. I did not bring home a new animal - no cats, dogs, pigs, fishes, reptiles, insects, birds, arachnids, etc., came home with me today.

CG (my little nickname) is an adorable little 6 year old. He's very small now, but I can just tell that one day he'll grow up to be a very big and strong fellow. He's got a very relaxed and quiet personality and is happy playing quietly alone. He is not at all needy, but he does tend to get a little sharp with people who get too close, but I think we can all work around that in the coming months.

Goodness! This house has been happy and so peaceful after bringing home the baby! I just don't understand all these other people who talk about how hectic a house with a baby is!

I'll post some baby pictures tomorrow. :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Unholy spawn of Cthulhu?

[Edited to correct unholy spelling, lest I be among the final 1000.]

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Spawn! She brought home a baby spawn! Aaawww, how adorable! Oh, no...wait...

Binky! She brought home a baby Binky! :D ;)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Pamela and Andrew are correct! (They will get the happy prize of being among the last 1000 people to be eaten by Cthulhu!)

Here's little CG now, at all of 8 inches in height, and here's what he'll grow up to be, in about 150 years or so. Yes, my little CG is a Carnegiea gigantea, otherwise known as the giant Saguaro.

Yes, I may have been guilty of rampaging anthropomorphism, but others have been guilty before me. Small saguaros are known as baby saguaros, even when they are 4 or 5 feet tall and ~40-50 years of age.

Well now there's a depressing thought - little CG will remain a baby for the rest of my life. Oh well, at least he's a quiet baby and one that stays outside all the time. My kind of baby! ;)

I really like cacti, especially saguaros (you've probably figured that out by now...) so I was really pleased to bring one home yesterday. I also amused by the fact that small saguaros are called "baby saguaros".

BTW, little CG was grown from seed, so no saguaros were dug up from the wild in order for me to bring home my little bundle of thorns^H^H^H^H^H^Hjoy.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
From what I've learned about Julie just on this forum.. I really hope she doesn't adopt human children.

"But Mom, I don't want to wear the purple robes. They're itchy!"

"Quiet you! It's All-Shoggoths day and I won't have you ruining the family pictures! Now hurry-up and put the golden tentacle mask on. Stop complaining, some children go their whole lives without attending the Miskatonic All-Shoggoth day sacrafice & festival".

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh: Oh how cute... coochie coochie... Julie you had me going for a while, I really thought it would be a baby squid...;)

Question: How do you cuddle little CG?

Answer:Very carefully.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That sig image is more like it, Steve.

See, I thought I'd take it easy on Saturday and play hookie from HTF. It's been quiet lately, I rationalized. No problems.

Then I saw the thread title and the author's name. So, I thought, the last "baby" Ms. K told us about turned out to be a deer skirting the campus grounds where she works, navigating spacecraft to Mars.

I read her post. A sweat broke out. This sounds serious, I said to myself. And then the truth — and I breathe a sigh of relief.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
:laugh:

How to catch one's breath after another one of JulieK's brilliant thread titles?

If you struggle with a Saguaro, should you even be having children?

Julie K

Screenwriter
Zen,

With or without saguaros, that answer is a firm "NO". Could you just see some bright young innocent child having HP Lovecraft stories for bedtime reading or being given plush Cthulhu and shoggoth toys for presents? Instead of watching cute little Disney flicks, I'd treat a toddler to Re-Animator, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Dawn of the Dead. No, the world is a better place without such an occurance.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Keep getting flashes of that scene in Nightmare Before Christmas when the kids got all those twisted toys from Jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks