What's new

I am so excited (1 Viewer)

JohnWM

Auditioning
I have been reading this forum for about 6 months now and have never posted before. First let me say that I want to thank everyone upfront for a quality forum with great really helpful information.

I guess you could say I am a recycled audio junkie. I am sure I will date my self but I used to be so into this stuff that I still have an original advent outboard dolby unit. This was sold for reel to reels before dolby became standard and included in everything. I still own a pair of Large Advents and Polk 10's that are older than most of you. I just threw away my first cd player. I laughed when I realized it was a Yamaha CD-1. It was mfg in August of 1985. I remember there were probably 5 CD's available at that time.

Well for the past 15 yrs life and family got in the way of my addiction. This past Christmas, I started to delve into HT.

I know this is long and I apologize. The reason I could not wait anymore is that after much reading from this and other forums, I purchased an SVS 25-31pc+ this past week. I have driven Ron crazy over the past several months with what I am sure are the same questions he gets from most. It is my understanding it should ship on Monday and I should get mid week next week.

I have to echo all the positive posts about this company. No question too small and the feedback has been great. I have auditioned a 20-39csi locally and was way impressed. It appears many svs owners are similar to the company because this guy, I had never met before, opened his house to me and let me listen and play as long as I wanted.

Anyway, I will post my reactions when it arrives and I have set it up.

Not to say I was preparing, but bought the radio shack sound meter back in January, just in case.

Thanks again to all of you with your great information. I learn everyday!

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Once you have an SVS you'll never go back except maybe to get a bigger one someday from them.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What a kind-thoughtful post John. I hope you post more in the future and the 25-31+ is one nice ride.

Dwayne-S

Agent
Welcome John. I too am a newby to the SVS revolution. I received my PB2+ in less than a week. I am totally blown away with the depth and output. Movies are now an interactive experience and I have turned my family in bass junkies - selecting movies based on potential bass output and special effects. Like you, I read the posts, exchanged e-mail, and was both intrigued and a little skeptical. After listening, my skepticism is completely gone. You wont be disappointed.

JohnWM

Auditioning
Garrett I am assuming you mean the DVE or Avia disk? Or does it come with a USB port and firmware!!!! LOL

I actually have both and just waiting to hear that tone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks