What's new

I AM LEGEND BD/HD Details (1 Viewer)

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Got the BD in the mail today. PQ and AQ is excellent. Haven't gone through all the extras yet save the 20-minute featurette on real-life viruses. I will say that I prefer the alternate (original?) ending over the one in the theaters (although I didn't think that one was all that bad to begin with).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Yeah, I saw that. It just seemed to me that, if you're going to report someone for not using spoiler tags, you should, you know, use spoiler tags. (Which, if you look at my post again, is what I said.)

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

M.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Hi Randy,

On the theatrical cut: Dolby TrueHD 5.1, English, Spanish and French (dubbed in Quebec). On the alternate: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1. On the supplements: stereo.

EDIT: There were also two additional changes on the alternate cut aside from the ending:

1) there is no Bob Marley song played over the end credits, just James Newton Howard's score

and... (couldn't find the inviso-text button so scroll down to read change number two. If you want to see the new cut spoiler free, stop reading here)

Still with me? Okay, here is change number two:

2) There is a minute or so of new scenes in which Neville brings Anna and Ethan to a couple of places in Manhattan. These scenes pop up after Neville states at the kitchen table to Alice that he is staying in Manhattan.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
The HD DVD version is pretty good.

Will watch Omega Man HD soon.

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
Received the HD-DVD yesterday and played it last night although I dont have the Blu version to compare it to I will say the HD-DVD is a reference quality picture.
It jumps out of the screen.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

Wow, I haven't been back on this thread since I had posted.

I write reviews for a site and Warner sent a review copy a couple of weeks early. :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The alternate ending is infinitely better then the theatrical ending. JMHO, but having seen it, I will find it very weak sauce to see the original ending now.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
For me it´s basically the other way around. The "alternate ending" is not bad, but the more downbeat/darker ending will make the whole movie experience a bit more serious and memorable.

Generally, I really loved some parts of this film (and Will Smith is very good in the film, mostly "serious" and all that), but eventually the film fell a bit short of my expectations. And: Those CGI-virus creatures were a serious letdown. Next time, please use the real "actors" when possible and less CGI..

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Not a huge fan of either ending, but enjoyed watching the HD-DVD. Bummed about the special features, since I'm on a mac. I feel like the comics (if anything) would have been better as online content.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Watched the HD-DVD last night and I do find the picture is just beautiful, I agree about the CGI monsters, in HD it's not the best, but a great ride. I thought the alternate ending was far better than the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks