What's new

I am going with a HT receiver instead of a pre/pro help! (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
I am building a two channel system with the following:

Parasound HCA 2200II
Likely Totem Sttafs speakers (could still change)
Adire Alignment Tempest

I need a receiver with pre-outs that is cheap and sounds great. I decided I should be able to get a decent receiver and save some money, plus have decoders and extra amplification channels if I go back to 5.1.

So who knows of some good resonably priced receivers that sound great as a preamp and of course have pre-outs etc.

I have no problem going used, if need be.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I need a receiver with pre-outs that is cheap and sounds great
How cheap? I would recommend a 2 channel pre-amp with a Home Theater Bypass for now. There are alot of good ones you can get for cheap used(check audiogon.com)and then when you decide to go multi-channel you can then get the receiver for processing DVDs and have the best of both worlds.

DJ

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The Marantz AV9000 pre/tuner makes a really good 2 or 2.1 head unit. The only thing it might lack for a music system is a phono input. look for one used off E-bay or Audiogon. It will mix down 5.1 material to 2.1 amazingly well and it's really good on stereo sources.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Your definition of cheap may be different than mine, but I would consider the NAD T752/62, or Marantz 7300 OSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks