What's new

Hydrosonic subwoofer (1 Viewer)

JohnRuggiero

Agent
I just brought that Hydrosonic subwoofer that they were talking about a few days ago. I did some checking on the Internet and these guys are for real. They are really big in Movie theaters and are just getting into the HT
area. I will write a review once I get it, they said in about 3-4 weeks. They are Sound related technologies and I got the IBS-10. They say you can see your clothes vibrating with this and you feel the vibration thru-out your body not just on the floor.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I bet you can't wet to get your hands on it.

Water you going to do if it doesn't perform up to expectations, can you return it?

Sounds like it'll be a splash hit, hope you it makes you cry a river of joy.

:emoji_thumbsup: Don't forget to post pics

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I thought you had work to do Brett. :D

Oh wait:

"Smoke And A Pancake? No? Cigar And A Waffle? No? Pipe And A Crepe? No? Bong And A Blintz? No? Ahhhh.... I see dere ish no pleasing you HouRman9"

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully it sounds better than that response graph would indicate. That graph makes me wonder if the hydrosonic and the "servo sub" were measured at different locations in that room.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Brian,

Another interesting bit is that in reading that more carefully, I am pretty certain the "servo driven subwoofer" they refer to is an InterSonics SDL-215. This was an early incarnation of ServoDrive. Basically a sealed box with the 15" driven cones from a ContraBass. This product hasn't been sold in over 10 years.

I agree with you. I question what they are trying to show in with the measurement, but I do get a kick out of them using an old ServoDrive product as comparison.

FrantzM

Stunt Coordinator
ALlow me to remain skeptical. I read the web site (wet site? Chris;) ) and the theoretical foundation are rather ...ehr.. watery. Looks like just another sub

Frantz
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I was wondering what happened to this sub too...

Hydrosonic... Talk about damping!
Nice.. hehe

Why moist people continue this thread as if it were a joke? Were all humid beings capable of keeping a discussion on subwoofers and not on making fun of hydrosubs. Anyways, I hope the sub quenches your thirst for bass and you don't have to purchase a Rane parametric EQ (or BFD)to help EQ the bass in your room. It could just be the ICEing on the cake though. I guess that's all I have to spray about this topic cause all this talk about water makes me want to take a leak.

Jason JS

Agent
As watered down as this topic might be. I live about 10 miles from where this company in Virginia. I emailed them asking for a "demo" at there shop and I am just waiting to hear back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks