What's new

HURRY HURRY SINBAD TITLES PRE-ORDER (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
No confirmation as yet-- I called SAE to find out what was going on as I really needed the SINBAD titles for an early Xmas gift this weekend and a very grumpy guy told me that they were short-staffed, that GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD came in late and that there was no chance of getting them before (maybe) next week. So that's disappointing.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Mark Cappelletty said:
No confirmation as yet-- I called SAE to find out what was going on as I really needed the SINBAD titles for an early Xmas gift this weekend and a very grumpy guy told me that they were short-staffed, that GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD came in late and that there was no chance of getting them before (maybe) next week. So that's disappointing.

Bollocks. People have been getting shipping confirmations for both titles as early as Thursday 12/5, five days before street date. The problem is SAE seems to have changed their shipping method to the much slower UPS Mail Innovations, which can add several days to delivery times. Their being short-staffed just adds to the waiting game.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Both Sinbads arrived this morning. My UPS tracking showed local post office activity.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Did a quick scan through both of these and they look and sound great. Curiously, despite what its packaging says, Golden Voyage is presented in 1.66 (Eye of the Tiger is 1.85).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I watched Golden Voyage last night and for the most part it looks fabulous. Ray's work is exemplary as always and you gotta love Tom Baker as the baddie, although at times I did expect the TARDIS to show up. ;)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just checked my tracking, it's going to take 4 days to get it to my house from 35 miles away and the expected delivery date is the 16th!

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Glad to see they didn't pull a Disney and spare no expense to rotoscope the stop motion creatures off the backgrounds and change the colors willy-nilly in order to finally bring the visual quality down to the caliber demanded by today's audiences...Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet. :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Jeffrey Nelson said:
Glad to see they didn't pull a Disney and spare no expense to rotoscope the stop motion creatures off the backgrounds and change the colors willy-nilly in order to finally bring the visual quality down to the caliber demanded by today's audiences...Sorry, haven't had my coffee yet. :)
Hurry up with that coffee.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I'm disappointed once again with Sony, but at least they didn't ask for what next to release, and
then give it to Twilight Time ("Mysterious Island"). I doubt that "First Men in the Moon" on blu-ray
will be a Sony catalog title but will be given to Twilight Time also. My dvd's will just have to do,
because price plus shipping from Twilight Time is too much for me. For those of you that did,
glad for you, but I'm skipping these 2 titles also.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Curious, I didn't get shipping notification until today. Perhaps because I ordered all 3 titles?

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Douglas R said:
I'd like to know why. That certainly wasn't the original aspect ratio.
Wouldn't these have been shot open matte? I know Ray preferred a full frame presentation on the Criterion LD of Jason and the Argonauts...

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The mail person just handed my SAE package to me. Now the Question is do I go out tonight to drink some Abita Beer or stay home and watch these?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't know if it's the bad weather or if it's other factors but shipping times have dramatically increased with Screen Archive/Twilight Time titles. Apparently they're shipping from New Jersey but according to my tracking info it's going to take 8 days for my order to arrive in NYC! The weird part is my parcel is actually already somewhere in the city but I'm not getting it until 12/17. Some people have reported that their orders are backtracking all over the place, sometimes arriving within miles of their homes only to be sent hundreds of miles away to another state. WTF?? This is beyond ridiculous and for these prices no one should have to put up with this nonsense. We're paying premium prices for these movies - if they're going to use substandard shippers the least they can do is offer free shipping.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
They're using UPS Mail Innovations which is a UPS/USPS hybrid service. The tracking is wonky as some scans are posted in the wrong order. Mine shipped out last Friday 12/6, first scan was Monday 12/9, which said delivery 12/13. Package was delivered on Wednesday 12/11 and tracking didn't update until Thursday. So, it was a 4 day shipment from VA to New Jersey in my case, which is about 1 day longer than usual from there.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Mine apparently hasn't made it out of New Jersey yet, either. (They haven't updated the tracking since Thursday.) I'm on the West Coast though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks