What's new

Human Target - Season One (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I am really liking this series. Anyone know how this show is doing in the ratings? I hope it is doing well enough to not be cancelled after only a few weeks.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really like this show, too. I think the cast is great, the music is amazing, and the fight scenes are better than most movies.

Sadly, the ratings aren't going that well (a 2.4 in the 18-49 demo, which is down 25% from last week, when it had American Idol as a lead-in). However, the show has been bounced around from time-slot to time-slot, and this was the first week in its "proper" spot. Normally those ratings would be considered "decent," but this is FOX, and they tend to be a little harsher than others. I hope the show just gets a slight bump next week, after people realize when its real slot is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm another one that likes this show and even moreso as Haley's character is definitely showing some real edge as we find out more of the backstory involving Chance.

Crawdaddy

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have seen so many great shows get the axe from Fox. They are so quick to drop shows. Has anyone seen the Rick Springfield version from the 90s? Was it as good as this version?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It was just different and a product of the time period it was made.
It was a bit of a guest of the week because Chance was more like the comic book version, he would take on the identity of whomever he was protecting, also only 6-9 eps were made and I don't know if they all aired.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I finally had a chance to watch this. Saw the premiere last week and then just watched episodes 3-6 this evening.

I quite enjoy it. It's totally outlandish, completely insane, a barrel of fun, and a lot of good laughs.

In short -- it's like the A-Team meets MacGyver... updated with guns that hit people, great actors I recognize from all sorts of genre shows, and fun "done in an hour" stories with a hint of back story running through it.

This week's episode (number 8) features Layla (the girl from the Security building... "niteowl") in the episode I just watched. Gotta get in episode 7 tomorrow night, then start watching this thing live (or at least closer to live than doing a marathon like tonight!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Old Man better not be John Mahoney.

Emma is so hot, she makes me want to be a better TV viewer.

This show is doing a good job weaving in Chance's backstory with the case of the week.

Reeser looks really hot with the glasses.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm totally digging this show. The ratings aren't stellar, even though it pulls in over 8 million viewers, and TV by the Numbers has it on "the bubble."

Personally, I think it has the absolute best fight scenes on television, a great-but-small cast (something refreshing in an era of TV where casts are large and unwieldy), a strong lead, amazing music, interesting weekly plots, and a cool mystery behind everything.

This is Fox's "fun" show, much like Chuck is NBC's fun show.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

I'm totally digging this show. The ratings aren't stellar, even though it pulls in over 8 million viewers, and TV by the Numbers has it on "the bubble."

Personally, I think it has the absolute best fight scenes on television, a great-but-small cast (something refreshing in an era of TV where casts are large and unwieldy), a strong lead, amazing music, interesting weekly plots, and a cool mystery behind everything.

This is Fox's "fun" show, much like Chuck is NBC's fun show.
I agree - this is just a fun show. I like the characters and the undertone about Chance and Guerrero's pasts. I hope it has another season.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I just got a chance to sit down and watch the last couple of episodes, which have been sitting on my DVR. (So many shows, so little time.) The show is just a blast, not least because it refuses to take itself too seriously. It has just enough tongue-in-cheek to keep up the fun quotient without undercutting the real jeopardy and the dramatic moments. And it knows how to alter the balance within different episodes. I loved the light Indiana Jones vibe of the South American episode, and the contrast with the D.C. episode/assassin episodes, which was mostly tense and darker. (With a little humor to break the tension with "new girl" and Agent Barnes. I hope Emmanuelle Vaugier and Autumn Reeser stay as recurring characters. Emmanuelle keeps getting dropped from shows I like and she isn't on TV nearly as much as she should be.)

Regards,

Joe

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am glad that Mark Valley has another show to star in. I loved Keen Eddie and disappointed when they canceled it. He was good in Boston Legal but that was the Shatner and Spader show.

I hope this show has a long run as it is a fun show with a great cast with Chi McBride and Jackie Haley, great writers and production.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised they got rid of Emmanuelle on CSI:NY. I liked the storyline between her and Flack.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by todd s

I was surprised they got rid of Emmanuelle on CSI:NY. I liked the storyline between her and Flack.
I suspect that it was a matter of cast size and costs. They have a pretty big regular cast to begin with, plus recurring characters, and I think that they were getting to the point in the plot where they either had to make her a regular and move the relationship with Flack forward or drop her. Dropping her meant explaining why such an important character was gone, and they didn't have too many options given the romance with Flack. (They couldn't just have her move away from New York, for instance.) So they made a virtue out of necessity and went with the big, dramatic, easy-to-promote "somebody's gonna die" story arc. Ho-hum.

Regards,

Joe

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A lot of fun tonight. My wife commented that this show reminds her in some ways of "The A-Team". Yes, it's simple and sometimes corny.. but damn, it's good fun. And the gunfight scene this week was a lot more entertaining then anything on 24. Seeing him rush out of water firing.. that was good stuff.

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Well this is one of my favorite shows now. Never thought I'd say that after watching the first two episodes but I'm really enjoying this show.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks