What's new

Hulk HD-DVD reviews? (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mine just arrived today from Buy.com. I've only skipped through it a little bit. From what I've seen the transfer looks great, but maybe a tad lacking in the fine detail department. Close-ups are very impressive but distant detail in landscapes, etc. could be better. Again, just an initial impression.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Close-ups are very impressive but distant detail in landscapes, etc. could be better."

On some of the desert scenes, Id agree - but other than that this looked really fantastic to me. Wait until you guys see how the experiment FX pop off the screen.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
John,

It is the case. For my money, it's easily a reference disc, maybe the best on either format. And I'm so happy because I love this film, despite the crap it gets thrown its way.

Stellar transfer.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
More from Highdefdigest....

Looks like Mr. Bracke was very, very impressed. :emoji_thumbsup:

I've never seen this film. Looks like at least a rental of the HD-DVD is in order. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm going to watch this disc tomorrow morning and will report back if I agree with Peter on it's presentation.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I didn't have the previous release, but I ordered this one. Not arrived yet, but I'm now glad I did.
HD is getting better and better....

Waiting for your opinion, Robert!

Cees

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even without an advanced audio codec like Dolby TrueHD, this is a reference disc. If you want to show off for others to see what HD DVD looks like then show them this disc. Lee is such a visual director that he gives you ample opportunity to display the benefits of a HD presentation.

Crawdaddy

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Can't wait to pick this up, one of the best comic-book movies todate.

ryoohki

Auditioning
Real Name
Jean S Sullivan
If you have a subwoofer, be prepare to receive you're ceiling on you're head, it's just INTENSE! I mean i don't really have a good sub and i was impressed...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watched this tonight. I'm somewhat surprised no one has mentioned the occasional dirt specks. Not a big deal, but for such a glowing review from High Def Digest I was expecting a clean picture.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Never noticed them which is probably a good thing that it never bother my enjoyment of this disc.

Crawdaddy

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Same here. Outstanding PQ and SQ on this one and one of my favorite comic book movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks