What's new

Hudson Hawk Blu-ray sounds like a Mono Movie (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
yesterday i friend came over and brought hudson hawk/hollywood homicide on blu-ray. i wasn't aware the movie would come out yet. he told me he got of ebay and it's legit. we watched hudson hawk and it looked pretty good. however the audio (dts-hd master audio 2.0 @ 24bit) is kinda weird. the movie was originally mixed in dolby surround sr (see end credits) and so far i only saw, well heard, the german dub and that was 100% in dolby surround. this blu-ray however is mono. at first i thought my setup has a problem. i put in another movie and there everything was just fine. my buddy says that he thinks the english audio was always that way, but he wasn't sure. we cannot verify it as neither of us has the dvd at hand. can anyone tell me if the studio (mill creek entertainment) screwed it up or is the english in fact just mono on all available medias?

moovtune

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
"The War at Home" was released as 5.1 in the theater and DVD - but Mill Creek released that Blu-Ray as mono. So it wouldn't surprise me if they messed up "Hudson Hawk" too. I no longer buy Mill Creek titles because they tend to screw up the sound (and occasionally picture too)

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
They apparently messed up the audio on the Hollow Man release also. Contact them to notify them of the defect. And, if you have a Facebook account, considering adding feedback there also. They tend to do something if they get enough pressure to do so. They seem to make a lot of mistakes like these.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
how can you screw up hollow man audio when it's already on blu? they have a serious quality control problem or they just don't give a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks